Which is the most controversial Super Sentai and Kamen Rider show?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't think there's any show that is universally hated. Someone, somewhere, will always like it. But in terms of shows that people argue about:

- Decade, as mentioned

- Gokaiger. It's like there's no middle ground, you either love it, or haaaaaate it and it's the WORST THING EVER and an insult to the franchise and a total failure at celebrating an anniversary. People blame it for Go-Busters underperforming, for Kyoryuger being chock-full of merch so that its toyline could repeat the success of the Ranger Keys, and complain about its fans being obnoxious to Power Rangers fans.

- Jetman. There are a lot of heated debates over Gai Yuuki and specifically, his death.

- Den-O, because of its getting so many movies and spin-offs, and being a very wacky series that's basically the total opposite of Heisei Rider's beginnings.

- Go-Busters - again a very divisive series. Both its detractors, and its defenders (who take almost anything as an insult to the show) are very vocal

- Kiva and Goseiger both got a lot of hate, but seem to be somewhat better regarded now that it's several years since they finished

-Amazon. Lizard motif/bestial.
-Sky Rider. Reboot of franchise.
-Black/RX?
-Goggle V: adult fans hated it at the time while kids loved it.
-JAKQ: dark theme.
-Shin Kamen Rider:prologue.
-Ohranger. Bombings and mystical theme.
-Carranger. Comedy versus serious story.
-Kuuga- first new Rider.
-Ryuki.
-Den-O.
-Decade.
-Hibiki.
-Kiva
-Go-Onger. Another comedy theme.
-Goseiger.
-Gokaiger.
-Gobusters.
-Kyoryuger.

Kamen Rider 555. It's still being hotly debated over a decade since it started to air. Is this thread over now?

Hibiki, Go-Busters? That's always the most polarizing I find, huge division in fans.

Decade is critically panned but I don't think it was a show people really ragged on while it was airing, since it was a Rider series through and through.

I think the most polarizing shows are ones that try to change the formula (except Go-Busters, which ended up being a regular Sentai and I don't understand many of the complaints with it being irregular)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think the most polarizing shows are ones that try to change the formula (except Go-Busters, which ended up being a regular Sentai and I don't understand many of the complaints with it being irregular)

Well, which ones are those? Gekiranger, Sun Vulcan and Jetman all tried to do something "different" with Sentai, and are generally popular (well, Sun Vulcan isn't discussed that often, but most fans I've encountered who have seen it liked it.) Dekaranger also established the more episodic set-up for modern Sentai but again seems to be mostly well-liked

Add Gaoranger to my list. It gets negatively compared to Timeranger, blamed for ushering in the age of "toy commercial" Sentai with the Power Animals, and is frequently accused of being the quintessential "generic" Sentai that strictly adheres to format and doesn't try to do anything creative or different.

Well, which ones are those? Gekiranger, Sun Vulcan and Jetman all tried to do something "different" with Sentai, and are generally popular (well, Sun Vulcan isn't discussed that often, but most fans I've encountered who have seen it liked it.) Dekaranger also established the more episodic set-up for modern Sentai but again seems to be mostly well-liked

Well, that's the thing. I don't get why Go-Busters is so controversial with Japanese fans because it doesn't change things too significantly at all. The shows you listed tried to break the mould and were generally successful.

What I guess I mean is in modern times, the shows that break the moulds end up being controversial. Not just cause of the the change in formula, but because of the stuff that happens behind the scenes. Go-Busters and Hibiki both have had some stuff go on with massive changes and with that comes a division in fans.