I think that the less popularity that follows the Final Fantasy 9 is actually why more gamers are pressing to get a remake on Final Fantasy 6 more than any other series of games. Final Fantasy fans are dying to get the remake on FF 6 as soon as possible, and hopefully the company Square Enix will listen and give us what we want.
Yes the plot and gameplay wise other games in the series are performing lot better. And that's one more reason I think people are not up for the FF9. Though there will be one remake eventually if they have funds.

Yes the plot and gameplay wise other games in the series are performing lot better. And that's one more reason I think people are not up for the FF9. Though there will be one remake eventually if they have funds.

Definitely, the remake will get to some of the Final Fantasy series being discussed here but there are more pressing ones that needs to get a remake at the moment because the fans desire it and on the other hand it means more money for the company.

I am a biased fangirl so I am going for 8. Squall is very popular to Kingdom Hearts fans and one of the most used in Dissidia.

I do understand the sentiment of 6 fans because it is a great game but I am more of an 8 girl. It is the one I grew up with. Sorry if I am being selfish.

6 and 9 are tied with popularity but after recently having a remaster, 6 will be needing the remake the most, since it looks dated and it is a shame to have a beautiful story be ignored by younger generations. Remaking 9 will affect the sales of it's remaster, so 6 should get remade first. It is going to a visual spectacle to see it in 3d.

Yeah the remaster of 9 is still new and the Android port of 6 is super subpar, A game with a rich fleshed out yet large cast will look great on 3d. 9 might be easier to remake though due to it's smaller cast. 6 might be hard to program in 3d. I prefer 6 though.

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they remake 6 first so the modern fans will get to see the coolest evil ever. Kefka, He is much more brutal villain than pretty boy Sephiroth, Also Terra is a much more appealing female lead character than Lightning. She is more deserving of having a trilogy.

7 needs to succeed first before we dream of some sort of remake. The success of Resident evil 2 remake guarantees resident evil 3 will have a remake 2. I want Final fantasy 7 to have the same success.

I want the first game to be remade first because it doesn't deserve to be forgotten by the new generation because it is the game that started it all. It didn't age well so it deserves a revival to continue it's legacy.

I want the first game to be remade first because it doesn't deserve to be forgotten by the new generation because it is the game that started it all. It didn't age well so it deserves a revival to continue it's legacy.
Wow I thought I am the only person who have this opinion since most fans would want six and eight to be remade first but the first game deserves to be re-introduced to the new generation as it is the game that started it all.

Administrator
Staff member
From what I remember, Final Fantasy 9 is like a reimagining of the first Final Fantasy. Just look how similar the characters are.

White Mage=Garnet
Dark mage=Vivi
Warrior of Light-Zidane