The three I chose for the poll are based on which games have the biggest cult following and have biggest demand. I am sure fans of 1, 2 and 5 have a fanbases but not big enough. 3 and 4 just got remakes but their demand is not as high as the three on the poll. I didn't add 10 and 12 because all they needed are remasters. They still look modern. 11 is an MMORPG so it didn't make the cut as it doesnt need a remake. 7 is not on the poll because it is already under development. Please tweet this poll so the Final Fantasy fans outside the forums can vote.

When you look at the Final Fantasy game that had a very good storyline, complete character base and a good touch of romance in it, the obvious answer would be Final Fantasy 6. So therefore, if I'm put to choose the first game of the Final Fantasy to have its remake, my would unequivocally be in favor of Final Fantasy 6.

I will also go with the option of having a remake done on Final Fantasy 6 before getting to Final Fantasy 8 and 9. The first reason for my choice is because Final Fantasy 6 came out long ago before FF 8 and FF 9 was produced and released, so therefore should thing follow a chronological order, it would be 6 before 8 and 9.

I like Final Fantasy 9 the best, and it is one my favorite Final Fantasy games, so of course I would like a remake of this grassroots kind of game first. Final Fantasy 9 is all about a world filled with magic and kingdoms, also it has a medieval fantasy setting and a good soundtrack as well. This game has some great characters in it- including Zidane who wields a lot of daggers, Vivi the black mage,and Steiner the Knight who uses the two-handed knight sword quite a bit also.

Last edited:
I like Final Fantasy 9 the best, and it is one my favorite Final Fantasy games, so of course I would like a remake of this grassroots kind of game first. Final Fantasy 9 is all about a world filled with magic and kingdoms, also it has a medieval fantasy setting and a good soundtrack as well. This game has some great characters in it- including Zidane who wields a lot of daggers, Vivi the black mage,and Steiner the Knight who uses the two-handed knight sword quite a bit also.

It's true that Final Fantasy 9 is a great series of fantasy games, I also did enjoyed playing the game with my Playstation 4 console, and I'm not surprised it's your choice to have a remake made on it because it's your favorite among all the Final Fantasy games. Magic is captivating and I'm certain that it's the main reason why people would like to have a remake of Final Fantasy 9.

FF9 seems to have got less popularity compared to other games. Though they had pretty much good gamplay and story. So I'd say they should make one such story in that case. And small yet a good action fantasy movie on FF9 plot.

FF9 seems to have got less popularity compared to other games. Though they had pretty much good gamplay and story. So I'd say they should make one such story in that case. And small yet a good action fantasy movie on FF9 plot.

I think that the less popularity that follows the Final Fantasy 9 is actually why more gamers are pressing to get a remake on Final Fantasy 6 more than any other series of games. Final Fantasy fans are dying to get the remake on FF 6 as soon as possible, and hopefully the company Square Enix will listen and give us what we want.

Administrator
Staff member
9 and 8 recently have remasters. They don't need remakes at this moment. The 2d games should have remakes first after Final Fantasy 7 gets one. 6 AND 9 Actually tied in popularity.

Final Fantasy VIII had a lot of splendid ideas. However, it's flawed because of how limited development it had.

So a remake would be great, not only because of the graphics but also to polish out the story and combat mechanics. Redesign that, and the game would be brilliant.

Can we just finish the 7 remake first before requesting a new one? I am still salty with what happened at Square Enix's e3. I do Understand that Lara Croft is bigger than Final Fantasy so they prioritized her game.