General Discussion What's your relationship status?

I am single and have been for quite some time now. I have gotten used to it. I don't think I would be able to cope with someone else in my life as far as romance goes. I Don't know whether I'd be able to make the adjustment to being completely free, to having to text my partner and going out with them and whatnot lol.

Yeah, I understand, I was single for a while as well, until I met my current boyfriend. I never thought I'd end up with someone again, but I did. Relationships seemed so overwhelming back then, and at times they still are! But I guess there are more pros than cons, at least that's what I like to believe.

I am just not very good with people in general, to be honest. I am putting it down to me not being able to express myself properly. Nobody ever seems to get me as a whole. I can't be bothered to go through that with a romantic interest. I'll just stay by myself.

I am just not very good with people in general, to be honest. I am putting it down to me not being able to express myself properly. Nobody ever seems to get me as a whole. I can't be bothered to go through that with a romantic interest. I'll just stay by myself.
You've completely described me there...

I think you have described me too, it seems no one really gets me and I don't seem to be able to express properly... sometimes it feels as I spoke a different language from theirs? Is it me? Do I let a lot details out or they just lack some ol' common sense? LOL. Seriously, relationships are tho... can bring a lot joy, but they are stressful as heck sometimes.

This is getting interesting now, so of course no one understand us, we don't even understand ourselves right? Or do we?

o_O

Yes, relationships can be very good. Full of joy and excitement, and I have found that it doesn't matter how badly you feel about relationships, if one comes along and you happen to get swept up into it, you go. A lot of those stresses become a distant memory because you feel so good about the romance you're involved in.

I do understand myself. Quite well too. I have always been someone who has looked within and reflected well. People don't get me, and I can't be bothered to make anybody try to get me.

Hahaha, yeah... this last time I was practically sucked in the relationship, lol...! I was scared, but excited at the same time. But you know what really helps at first?

It really helps to keep your expectations very very low and play it cool, it worked great! At least so far... we will see how it goes, but yeah! Try lowering your expectations a lot... I mean, don't expect too much from the person, I did in the past and got hurt so bad.

Same here, I think I know myself better than before... and each day I think I know more and more about myself and the person I want to be. But just like you... I no longer see the point in proving myself to anyone...

This is getting interesting now, so of course no one understand us, we don't even understand ourselves right? Or do we?

o_O

Hahaha, sometimes we don't :p Sometimes I do understand myself, I'd say I know myself better than I did before... but sometimes I still have a hard time trying to understand why I feel the way I feel at times.

The last relationship I was in was my longest, at nearly 6 years. However my job and some other personal circumstances drove us apart - he was retiring early and settling down in an area while I was looking for work outside of that area and got a good job I couldn't pass up.

I've been single since for the past few years, but it's not been a big deal for me, because I've always lived by myself even when I am in relationships. It's more convenient to enjoy each others company but also have time and a space to yourself. I'm worried that if I ever had to be glued to the hip with someone that it would do more harm than good. I know on my end I will start to grow irritated and feel exhausted.

Yeah, I guess some people are supposed to live by themselves :) Too be honest I think most of us will grow tired or exhausted after a while, and this is normal, but if it becomes a constant thing, then that will be a huge issue. If you can no longer stand the person lying next to you in bed after x years of marriage... then that's a big sign things are not going to be well :( But you will never know until you get married ;)