Were Toku fans in Japan surprised at this?

That's the reaction I'd expect for fans seeing Dragon Ranger, Kiba Ranger, Oh Red, and Abare Black together. Too bad there was no Red Racer. :170:
 
You know, I've never actually heard about Japanese fans not liking Power Rangers, but I have read a lot of English-speaking fans who despise it. I'd be interested to know more about what Japanese fans think of PR. I would figure they probably think it's amusing, if anything, to see what they do with the Sentai from last year, but I doubt it has any real impact. Sort of like all the other Japanese stuff that gets Americanized (and vice-versa).
 
Igadevil said:
You know, I've never actually heard about Japanese fans not liking Power Rangers, but I have read a lot of English-speaking fans who despise it. I'd be interested to know more about what Japanese fans think of PR. I would figure they probably think it's amusing, if anything, to see what they do with the Sentai from last year, but I doubt it has any real impact. Sort of like all the other Japanese stuff that gets Americanized (and vice-versa).

There's some talk about Power Rangers on FWY101 image board at the moment.
 
Two of the wierdest statements I heard thus far from some Japanese exchange students I talked to a while back...referring to the Red Armors...

"MegaRed has a firmly toned ass."

"GingaRed looks like he's gonna fall over and can't get up."

I understand the second statement, but the first one...just...just...*shudders*
 
I've seen Green with Evil dubbed in Japanese and the best part of it is that is, since it's dubbed, you don't have to hear Jason Frank's terrible line readings in that awful Valley Dude accent of his. The worst part is Kimberly's awful Valley Girl accent is replaced by that just as bad standard mousy voice actress who gets all high pitched when playing the "cute girl."

I'd like to see some of the PR that was dubbed by actual sentai actors (i.e. Teruaki Ogawa as Leo).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top