I was wondering : are toku fans more critical of Power Rangers now than they had been at the beginning of the franchise, because they can watch now the Japanese original? While PR Samurai and Megaforce have received harsh criticism, would they have been so harsh if they hadn't watched Shinkenger, Goseiger and Gokaiger, which have been so much better, and given something to compare quality wise? Would MMPR have been so popular if Zyuranger had been available at the same time? Even some of the most praised shows like In Space, Time Force? Haven't those shows benefited of the fact their Super Sentai counterparts were unknown from the non Japanese fanbase?
In other words does PR suck more now than beofre, or it's just the fandom who expects more quality because of the quality standards of Super Sentai?

I think to a degree, the genie's out of the bottle. Before, we didn't have quite the access to all these shows that we have now, all we had to go on was Power Rangers.

Super Megaforce's problems are nothing to do with the fact that people had seen Gokaiger first. It's the sheer lack of effort by the people involved, in the places that count, made worse by compressing fifty episodes into less than 20 (Super Megaforce still had the "Vrak is Back" which was essentially a Goseiger adaptation, using the finale stuff).

I'm hoping Dino Charge does something good (I still haven't watched Kyoryuger), because I still believe that PR can be good in its own right, although it has started to look more and more like RPM was the last good season.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
On one hand, I think people are now more critical of all tokusatsu (including the US adaptations) than they were in the past. It seems to be an expectation now that everything must be criticised and analysed. RPM is an example of people vastly preferring the PR adaptation even when they had seen the Sentai, and now fans who didn't like Kyoryuger are hoping for Dino Charge to be an improvement. Goseiger wasn't a well liked series when it was on the air, and Gokaiger has plenty of detractors. If Megaforce had been a really good show, it would have stood on its own merits.

On the other hand, it annoys me when people assume "all" PR fans have watched the corresponding Sentai, or accuse Saban of "laziness" for copying the source material too closely when most of the target audience has not seen or even heard of Super Sentai. Why should they cater to a minority of fans?

On one hand, I think people are now more critical of all tokusatsu (including the US adaptations) than they were in the past. It seems to be an expectation now that everything must be criticised and analysed.

Meh, it's just the internet allowing everyone to be armchair film majors.

I don't really know. I honestly just compare them just for the hell of it. The actors here in america don't really give much effort. I remember back when they hired an actor because they had an actual history in martial arts of gymnastics or dance. That was an excuse for the somewhat shitty acting. Now a a days they don't hire for that reason. So what's their excuse? At least in japan they hire for bothe personality and skill. That's my big kicker. The only thing that bothers me at times in their voices. Some of the guys have really high pitched voices.