I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 025 Splitting Shin

Subject: Shin Kamen Rider

Ladies and Gentleman the unKamenCrew welcomes you to join Claire and Tod for the first in a series of commentaries covering the holy trinity of Rider movies with (Grimmhlem is absent in this episode) Mewzard and Pez. There are misconceptions about these films and Shin seems to be a bit of a joke to some, but what we discover in watching and contextualizing this particular entry colors in the broad strokes of quips and the low hanging fruit of humor with an intellectual hue seldom seen in Rider and certainly not in recent entries. This is a serious look at Ishinomori's classic character, Shin eschews pomp, iconic heroism and many trappings of the series' 40 years... but there may not be a truer Kamen Rider.

Tumblr.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 026 That ZO Rider

Subject: Kamen Rider ZO

Join Claire, Tod, Grimmhlem, Mewzard and Pez for the second in a series of commentaries covering the holy trinity of Rider movies. ZO carries less narrative weight than Shin but is a thematic delight from composition to editing this is a film that knows exactly what it is doing. One sequence may seem like a foreign object, but overall this is a tight piece of Rider fiction that we recommend to any fan.

This movie has a great manga too!

Tumblr.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 027 Something About J

Subject: Kamen Rider J

Join Claire, Tod, Grimmhlem, Mewzard and Pez for the third and final Kamentary covering the holy trinity of Rider movies. J is full of spectacle and moves a breakneck speed. J is by far the lightest of the three on story but the action and scope of the laser-focused conflict between the revived nature-loving Rider and the sinister forces of technological nihilism more than make up for any lack of depth in the script. Ishinomori's final Rider work is strong and evokes ethos laid out in the fantastic Kamen Rider manga.

Tumblr.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 028 Wizard Endgame

Subject: Wizard episodes 48-51 which aired July August 18 and September 1, 8 and 15, 2013 All written by Tsuyoshi Kida

Haruto and Fueki fight to save Koyomi. Mayu doesn’t fight and then does. Nitou and Chimera give it their all. Once sleeping Mages awaken to the truth of their reality and decide how they’ll deal with the changes foisted upon them. Fueki and Koyomi die. Gremlin and Haruto fight for their Hopes and Koyomi is saved. In the end everyone moves on, as one might expect, but how did we like it? Listen in as we lay the ground to give Wizard the Final Judgement!

Subscribe

Tumblr

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 029 Ultimatum Kamentary

Subject: Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Wizard x Fourze Movie War Ultimatum

You thought you were done with Wizard -heck- you thought you were done with Fourze, but the ride never ends! Whether you feel sick of all this wire-fu or not, it's come back to hit you in the face and sucker punch you in the gut with some crazy CGI of varying degrees. Grimmhelm, Mewzard and Pez challenge you to listen to this commentary or don't! How's that for an ultimatum?

Subscribe

Check out some extra content on the Tumblr

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 030 The Final Hope… Or Something

Subject: Kamen Rider Wizard 39-51 + The Wizard X Decade Special 52 and53

The unKamenCrew invites you to join us as we finally (not really though, because of that Magic Land movie we’ll get in a few months) cover the last Quarter of Kamen Rider Wizard. We’ve stuck through this show unto the bitter-sweet end! We share a lot of opinions, especially on Sora/Gremlin, but there is much to discuss and we get into it all including ideas for a Wizard Returns movie or two!

Tumblr

Subscribe

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 031 Second Opinion: Ultimatum

Subject: Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Wizard x Fourze Movie War Ultimatum (DIRECTOR’S CUT)

Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, GomessQ and Pez invite you to put on your thinking caps and join is in an even handed analysis and discussion of the film, the sub-genre of Rider Movie Wars, Gender-bias and Koichi Sakamoto’s place in the franchise. After the dust settled from the Kamentary, we decided that more needed to be said about Ultimatum and a surprisingly long conversation came out of what we assumed would be a short dress down of something we might suggest should be skipped all together.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 032 A Fresh Start

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 1 Transform! An Orange From the Sky?!

GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez dive into the fruity freshness that is, Gaim. Zawame City sets the stage for quite an interesting story to unfold! We all share positive words and feelings for this solid first episode: there is great world building, a thriving citizenry, a colorful cast of characters and a charming Rider who harkens back to Godai Yuusuke and aspires to be an adult. This is an interestingly different start from recent Riders and that makes us want to dance!

Subscribe

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 033 The Setup

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 2 Deathblow! Pineapple Kick! & Urobuchi’s Trap

GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez discuss how Peter Parker Kouta Kazuraba is, how sidelined Mai may become and how honorable Kaito actually is. We also delve into a discussion of Urobuchi’s trap which got really interesting, but we lost some audio and can’t quite remember if the edict to not talk about the trap as a legitimate thing anymore is still in there. Never the less, it’s a good discussion of the sweet and the sour of Urobuchi’s second entry into the world

Subscribe

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Lionmaru G- Part 1

Subject: Lionmaru G

Hosts: GomessQ, IllusClaire, Pez

On this special episode of unKamenCast-RX Lion Maru-G leads us to discuss Politics, Religion, Original Sin, Sex and a bunch of other super serious topics. This is more than just a silly show about a guy who turns into a lion, set to a backdrop of the underbelly of Neo-Kabukicho. This is a much less linear discussion and it is mostly spoiler free, we discuss the whats but not really the whos or hows. If you've heard of this show but have been reticent to check it out we can firmly suggest you watch it if you like Tokusatsu at all and like good and interesting storytelling.

Subscribe for iTunes

Feed RSS For your podcatcher of choice!

Enjoy!