Turn Off Your Lights for an Hour Tomorrow Night, 8pm

Keith, as much as I respect you man, I must decline.

Honestly, climate changes and global warming is a bunch of bulls**t. I don't believe one thing about it. There has been no conclusive evidence WHATSOEVER
 
heehee this is the same debate thats going on in our email boxes rite now at school..

oh wellz i think i mite do it..just cuz my frat is doing it and i'll go out to field and sip coffee with them :3
 
Keith, as much as I respect you man, I must decline.

Honestly, climate changes and global warming is a bunch of bulls**t. I don't believe one thing about it. There has been no conclusive evidence WHATSOEVER

HAHAHA. You know I heard the exact same sentence on

O'riely
Sean Hannity
and any other Fox news dude there is

There has been evidence on both sides. But would it kill you to try and help the planet for an hour?
 
Hey, don't put me in with those right wing nutjobs (except O'Reilly, I like him)

I was going to finish by saying "I will turn my lights off. But not for global warming. I'll do it to cut MY energy bill" I do this just about every night anyway.
 
Hey, don't put me in with those right wing nutjobs (except O'Reilly, I like him)

I was going to finish by saying "I will turn my lights off. But not for global warming. I'll do it to cut MY energy bill" I do this just about every night anyway.

Cool :) Even if you don't believe that something that is real is real, it still helps to do something about it :)
 
Hey, don't put me in with those right wing nutjobs (except O'Reilly, I like him)

...it's funny that the one you DON'T mind being lumped in with (and also the only one you excluded from the "nutjob" category) is Bill O'Reilly.
 
Only your lights, or all of your electronics? And if they want to do this, why don't they spread the word more? This is the first I've heard of it.
 
Now, if only I could figure out what time zone they're talking about.

We invite everyone throughout North America and around the world to turn off the lights for an hour starting at 8 p.m. (your own local time)–whether at home or at work, with friends and family or solo, in a big city or a small town.
:thumbs:

My only problem is that if I turn out the lights, I glow.

Not a bad idea, but the problem is that electricity is generally generated by preset demand schemes, and most electrical companies have pretty poor energy storage capacity. So unfortunately, while you'll save a few pennies on your electrical bill, the energy has still been produced, and with nowhere to go will likely be bled off of the grid to avoid a problematic spike.

I think a better solution is to urge your local power utility to invest in renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, tidal and geothermal. It'll be a lifetime or more before these can completely supplant fossil fuel energy generation (unless my dream of fusion power comes online in a decade or two), but at least by supporting and implementing more renewable energies we will help reduce their costs, and also reduce the impact of fossil fuel power on the environment.
 
...it's funny that the one you DON'T mind being lumped in with (and also the only one you excluded from the "nutjob" category) is Bill O'Reilly.

Honestly, I think the O'Reilly is more of a calmer version of Michael Savage than he is right wing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top