Tsuburaya Productions and America

Eiji Hino

Someday...once more
Over the last few years, I have noticed that Tsuburaya Productions has been hiring Americans for certain functions. Mike Verta, a film score composer, created the score for Mega Monster Battle. Alex Wald, a comic artist, was hired to produce artwork for an Ultraman marketing pamplet. Most recently, an American company was used to remaster and colorise Ultra Q.

Let me know if I missed any details.

What I do not understand is that Americans are used to cover this and that for Tsuburaya and still very little of the studios respective properties are still unofficially available in America.
 
Over the last few years, I have noticed that Tsuburaya Productions has been hiring Americans for certain functions. Mike Verta, a film score composer, created the score for Mega Monster Battle. Alex Wald, a comic artist, was hired to produce artwork for an Ultraman marketing pamplet. Most recently, an American company was used to remaster and colorise Ultra Q.

Let me know if I missed any details.

What I do not understand is that Americans are used to cover this and that for Tsuburaya and still very little of the studios respective properties are still unofficially available in America.

Despite their using US talent, these products are mainly meant for the Japanese market. They do have consideration for the US market, though, which is why they could be doing this to appeal to international markets. (Tsuburaya has always been trying to crack the US market, due to the popularity of the 1966 Ultraman series here.)

And Tsuburaya should finally have the chance to market their properties, now that they won the legal war against Chaiyo Productions in Tokyo last month. So we'll have to wait and see what announcements Tsuburaya will make in the not-too-distant future...
 
And Tsuburaya should finally have the chance to market their properties, now that they won the legal war against Chaiyo Productions in Tokyo last month. So we'll have to wait and see what announcements Tsuburaya will make in the not-too-distant future...
Why does that change anything?
 
Over the last few years, I have noticed that Tsuburaya Productions has been hiring Americans for certain functions. Mike Verta, a film score composer, created the score for Mega Monster Battle. Alex Wald, a comic artist, was hired to produce artwork for an Ultraman marketing pamplet. Most recently, an American company was used to remaster and colorise Ultra Q.

Let me know if I missed any details.

What I do not understand is that Americans are used to cover this and that for Tsuburaya and still very little of the studios respective properties are still unofficially available in America.

You missed one detail. KOICHI FUCKING SAKAMOTO! :castlerock:
 
Despite their using US talent, these products are mainly meant for the Japanese market. They do have consideration for the US market, though, which is why they could be doing this to appeal to international markets. (Tsuburaya has always been trying to crack the US market, due to the popularity of the 1966 Ultraman series here.)

And Tsuburaya should finally have the chance to market their properties, now that they won the legal war against Chaiyo Productions in Tokyo last month. So we'll have to wait and see what announcements Tsuburaya will make in the not-too-distant future...

I hope they are allowed to bring the stuff over with class and integrity rather than wackydubs or being "Americanized".
 
I'm sure there is an audience for ultra properties outside the toku crowd. adult swim? some sort anime premium channel (even if ultra stuff is live action)? late night syfy?

if tsuburaya gets a good marketing campaign, this could work.
 
I could see Nexus playing on Adult Swim or maybe even SyFy, word of mouth could help its popularity as well.

Max is another series I could see coming to the U.S.

maybe if the 2012 Godzilla Movie turns out to be hit, they could bring Ultra Galaxy as well.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top