It's Judgement Time!
Yeah, a lot of the fan reaction has been really positive. I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not liking any of it. Bleh.

Depends on how you look at it. There are a ton of Transfans who just want to hate this movie and do, for whatever reason. They tend to drown out any positive reaction in the community. But there's also the millions of people who dont go to the message boards who probably dont have a strong opinion of the movie one way or another. So in a way, you're in the majority.

The toys now, those look pretty kewl. I might but a couple of them. Even starscream looks neat enough for a purchase.

I have to agree with Vengeance in a way, that I dont expect much of anything from this movie other than explosions and a fun popcorn movie. But, briefly skimming what scenes were shown in the 25 minute preview, I can say Im a little surprised.

There were a couple scenario bits that really made me feel the movie might have more to offer than I thought. I want to like the movie so I'm trying to be optimistic. It's so easy to just fall completely into hatred.

my major problem with the movie is it appears to be more about the rather sad attempt at human characters rather then giant robots beating the hell out of each other. Much like Pearl Harbor was a rather bland romance film that tried to pawn itself as anything but.

And I'm just here while for RB to complete it's Plane Namekian-esqe descent.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
the movies sounds good to me...though Prime with mouth IS gonna take some time getting used to...since I think the original prime shouldn't have a mouth showing like his decendant: Optimus Primal.

It work on Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

I don't like the design for the movie, they just look too...busy. Overly complicated for no practical reason... I'd hope that an advance alien race would go for functionnality rather than useless frill when it comes to design. Sorta like Scandinavians designers ya know? It's just so hollywood-ish. Heck they're so complex the toys don't even look like 'em. I can't get over 'soul-sucking-eyed-face' Bumblebee either.

I'll still go see the movie though. Giant robots on a giant screen? Count me in.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
In Beast Wars that was Primal, not Prime. Not the same.

But it worked very well in Cybertron anyway.

It's Judgement Time!
In Beast Wars that was Primal, not Prime. Not the same.

But it worked very well in Cybertron anyway.

It doesnt matter it was still a version of prime. I dont care how they try to connect any of the seasons, I do not consider Prime of "Cybertron" to be the same optimus from G1. I just dont. I consider it an AU in every incarnation. So that's what I'm simply pointing out. That other incarnations of Prime have had mouths.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Still the difference is that in every incarnation Prime is a seasoned war commander, whereas Optimus Primal was basically a newbie at the begining of Beast Wars, so their characters, even taking into account the different AU versions of Prime, were different.