Transformers: Dark of the Moon Talk Up! [***SPOILERS***]

Was this thread REALLY needed? Especially since we already have a TF3 argument...I mean discussion going on & it just seems like your posting pictures of one of the actresses.
 
Saw the movie, and while I think it is better than TF2: ROTF, I still would rate the first movie better. This movie has wall-to-wall CGI robots battling each other in the last 1/3 of the movie, yet for some reason I felt less emotionally attached than I did with TF1's ending. I don't have a problem with that Victoria's Secret model who replaced Megan Fox, and I thought she did a pretty decent job. And I'd echo what some of you said re: Optimus Prime, and think he wasn't really Optimus Prime, the noble leader, but a cold-blooded killer who'd pull the trigger against his former mentor Sentinel Prime even when he was helpless and begged for his life. As a Prime fan I didn't like his portrayal in this movie.

Here's a funny comic strip if you haven't seen it (warning: major spoilers ahead!):

[hide] 20110711flowchart.avif[/hide]
 
. And I'd echo what some of you said re: Optimus Prime, and think he wasn't really Optimus Prime, the noble leader, but a cold-blooded killer who'd pull the trigger against his former mentor Sentinel Prime even when he was helpless and begged for his life. As a Prime fan I didn't like his portrayal in this movie.

Not ten minutes before that last shot, Optimus was essentially on his knees begging for Sentinel to spare him, already practically defenseless with his arm cut off. Would Sentinel have spared him if Megatron had intervened?

NO!

Optimus has been many things over the various TF franchises and with any luck will grow to even more characterization in the future. THIS version of Optimus recognizes that Decepticons (and really ANY enemies) are threats who cannot be reasoned with, will not surrender and must be dealt with in any way possible to make the world safe again.
 
I didn't care about Optimus executing Sentinel, what really pissed me off if him taking out Megatron in only a couple of seconds. The big climatic battle between good and evil in the Transformers universe lasted less than Carly's ass shot.

Not only that, but (and this part is not Bay's fault) the writers got the Armada speech mixed with the Dark Knight's speech, it completely discredit by Optimus immediately killing Megatron with ease.
 
Does any1 remembers, when Laserbeak "transforms out" his cannons to kill the limousine owner,does it came out from under his feet or under his wings?
 
Oh man I can't wait till the rifftrax of this comes out :)
so getting it.

Oh and this MAY be a bit controversial to say (and a bit out of place) buuuuuut

[HIDE]The Twilight movies are better :loltongue:

LET FLAME WARS BEGIN! *gets packets of hotdogs out*[/HIDE]

They're horrendous, don't get me wrong, but they do provide unintentional hilarity :anime:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top