There should be sad scenes in Power Rangers....

Sometimes a good sad scene is a price that is paid which is so high that you just can't afford to loose. PRiS was a good season for this at the end.

Loosing Zordon was such a high price and Andros (Legolas) nearly whimped out.

Hey, wait. If this is something that Disney wouldn't even touch with Power Rangers then I can only imagine the pain that Marvel fans are going to be feeling for the years to come.
 
Man i don't know what you guys are talking about, every time a zord was destroyed i was shedding tears for a week:P
 
Since Saban is back with Power Rangers, I hope there is more sad scenes, just like old times from PRiS-PRWF.

Disney was too chicken for this.

Agreed 100%.


The sad scenes were always great because then when the Ranger returns/fights back it makes the entire thing that much more epic.

Disney was just full of pussy bullshit.
 
I completely agree. Observe

Excerpt from fan-fic: Power Rangers Accele-lightning, ep II
(based on Enjin Sentai Go-onger)

They stop in their when they see Coop standing between them, at the foot of the stairs, and the couch with a stern look on his face. Chase, behind the others, pushes his way to the front and gives them a look. They turn and go back upstairs. Chase turns back to Coop.

CHASE HARPER: Hey, dad… where’s Josh?
COOPER HARPER: His shift ended hours ago and he left. Where were you, I asked you to get some parts from Carlton and you were gone all day.
CHASE HARPER: I’m… sorry, dad. It’s… kind of a… a long story.
COOPER HARPER: Do you know what happened today?

Chase begins to try to smooth the situation over with humor as Coop turns the TV back on.

CHASE HARPER: Well, there was a lot of- giant robots on the news…
COOPER HARPER: Do you have any idea how worried I was? I haven’t been this terrified since the night your mother left us!
CHASE HARPER: Right… and Laurie ran away to try to find her.
COOPER HARPER: At least they had a little bit of sense back then! Not that it got them anywhere… but you-
CHASE HARPER: Dad! It’s fine that you care and all, but I’m tired of you being so protective! I’m tired of sitting back while everyone else handles it and I’m really tired of you using the rest of our family against me all the time! I’ve grown up a little and I have some sense! Look at me… I’m still here. I didn’t get carried off by no flying saucer or anything. Just relax, dad.
COOPER HARPER: Well, just where were you anyway?
CHASE HARPER: I… can’t tell you.
COOPER HARPER: Oh, you can tell me anything you want, and I really think you should!

Chase struggles with the decision for a bit, then heaves a sigh of defeat and pulls out his Morpher.

CHASE HARPER: Ok… here it goes. Androjinn, Accele-lightning!

Chase morphs into the Red Ranger and Coop is speechless. Coop falls back onto the couch.

COOPER HARPER: No… not you. Not this.
CHASE HARPER: Dad. It’s ok.
COOPER HARPER: No… you need to give me that thing right now.
CHASE HARPER: No. I really can’t.
COOPER HARPER: Yes you can, give me it!
CHASE HARPER: No.
COOPER HARPER: Yes! Give me the morpher now!
CHASE HARPER: Wait, how do you know what it is?
COOPER HARPER: That’s not important, just give it to me, now!
CHASE HARPER: No, dad!

Coop tries to pry the morpher away, but Chase wins and retreats up the stairs a bit.

CHASE HARPER: Dad, just calm down… I need it.
COOPER HARPER: I’m not getting it away from you, am I?
CHASE HARPER: I’m sorry dad.
COOPER HARPER: Then get out.
CHASE HARPER: Wait… what!
COOPER HARPER: You heard me! I’m tired of this, get out! Go live with your friends for a while, see how that works out for you!
CHASE HARPER: But dad!
COOPER HARPER: Give me the morpher… or get out.

Chase considers this for a moment, looking from Coop to the morpher and back. Chase demorphs and retreats upstairs as Cooper turns away from the staircase and holds up the locket once more. He squeezes it closed in his fist with a disturbed look on his face and walks into the garage, slamming the door behind him.
Upstairs, Chase rushes past Aron and Dawn, also in a bad mood.

Sorry about the length. Don't ask where this is because I don't have this season posted up- I kind of lost interest when I saw a chance with my Shinkenger adaption & stopped half-way through episode 4
 
I tried... couldn't find a contact for Tzachor. Also please point out if I'm being annoying about all the "writer" posts.

Anyway, as far as the scenes described on this thread, the only season I saw that I felt was actually sad was Wild Force- in fact that season was the whole reason I began watching in the first place;

The battles were actually suspenseful, the episodes were actually original, the backstories of Merrick/ ZenAku, Cole & Animus were all heart-wrenching.

I haven't felt that in PR before or since. The only thing that even came close was Alex's death in Time Force.

Oh, but they did do a good job on Crueger & Gem/Gemma. The only thing that annoys me is that no good guy (except Zordon & Magna Defender) has ever stayed dead in PR &, no offense to fans, but the Magna Defender was always in armor, so didn't really have a face & all Zordon was was a head in a tube- it was much more suspenseful in the movie where it showed him as an old man, wrapped up in a blanket lying in a pile of shattered glass.

To be honest, I really have trouble caring about the death of someone I can't relate to- especially if I know that he/she'll be back later.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top