The S.H. Figuarts Thread: Justi-5's the Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmic Fourze looks pretty great. I'm only doing the FMCS figures right now (and Cosmic States is on the way), but once I get around to doing Fourze SHFs, I'll really be looking forward to this one.

And when I get around to doing GoBusters SHFs, I'll have to get Cheeta Nick, he too looks great.

D

Dr Kain

My PuToTyra and the Fourze I got recently had super tight hip balls.I removed the legs on them and put some dish soap on the joint and inside the leg socket.I worked at it for a bit and the ball loosened up.Now they move as smooth as butter,if they were to get too loose I would counter it by maybe washing it out with a little bit of water,then coating the ball joint with some floor polish with Future.It's my solution if you're a little iffy on shaving the ball joint,it's given me some pretty good results. :thumbs:

How do you remove the legs?

How do you remove the legs?
Don't worry about your Black - he has a different kind of hip joint that won't have the same kind of problems that the extending joint ones do. That kind of leg is just attached by a ball joint and it pops right off with minimal effort.

D

Dr Kain

Don't worry about your Black - he has a different kind of hip joint that won't have the same kind of problems that the extending joint ones do. That kind of leg is just attached by a ball joint and it pops right off with minimal effort.

That is good to know, and I'm assuming it will be the same on Shadow Moon then, correct?

So what figures have this issue? I plan to eventually get more than just those two, like all of the Ryuki guys, a few Showa guys, and then probably Kabuto, Agito, Kuuga, and 555.

i like turtle
Seeing how we're comparing notes on QC stories, I gotta take the chance to throw in my two cents about my Tatoba fig.

The right hip joint is super tight while the left leg can swing freely (back and forth, side to side) by shaking the figure, there's something crazy going on with his midsection too. The wrist parts are only held in place thanks to the fists, there's like zero friction with the forearms. Speaking of, his left fist also has trouble holding the Medjalibur and the OOO driver and scanner parts REFUSE to stay in place. Also I'm guessing the bobblehead is common to all Tatobas, but anyone else had problems turning his neck? But hey, at least he can stand straight, that's gotta count for something!

So yeah, I'm suprised this crazy van of a figuart is still in one piece, but hey, the insanity of it makes it more awesome

(Edit: Anyone know if the rerelease Tatoba fixed anything? I'll probably need a replacement someday)

That is good to know, and I'm assuming it will be the same on Shadow Moon then, correct?

So what figures have this issue? I plan to eventually get more than just those two, like all of the Ryuki guys, a few Showa guys, and then probably Kabuto, Agito, Kuuga, and 555.

Out of the series you mentioned, Ultimate Kuuga, Gills/Gills Exceed, Shadow Moon and all the Showa/Kabuto/Faiz figures use the swivelling hip joint IIRC. It's worth noting the issue itself isn't that widespread tho, mainly limited to certain figures

Heroman...ENGAGE!!!
:O_O: Robot mode Cheeda Nick can uses his wheels...AS GUNS?!?!?!!

I just wanted the bike really,but now that I see that.My interest in this figure went from none at all to MUST HAVE :shakefist

Does that also apply to RX?
Yep.

Shadow Moon has the extending hips, actually. Black/RX, Decade, Diend, Agito, G3, Kuuga, the Ryuki guys, and all the variations thereon are the only figures that I remember having that kind of hip. The extending hip is standard, but don't let one or two scary reports shake you - I have about a dozen Figuarts with that hip joint and I've never had a single one break on me. So have lots of other people. I think Tiger is the only Figuart I know of with it as a big, widespread problem - the rest are just random bad QC cases and most toylines will have that issue.

ok I just got to say this...amy I the only one who thinks that Bandai us just over using the Ryuki legs? I mean I look at Metor, even Garo figures...I mean yeah with all the Ryuki figures coming out I can see them just being there...but am I the only one who sees it?

Supaidaman!
Should I be even more worried if my Fourze's stiff leg joint is so still I can't get it out of the socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.