The Punisher Heads to Television

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
After three feature film versions, Frank Castle is heading to the small screen. Deadline reports that Fox has plans to develop Marvel Comics' "The Punisher" as a television series from former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Edward Allen Bernero.

Set up through ABC Studios, "The Punisher" will take on the format of an hourlong police procedural. In this version, Castle will work by day as an NYPD detective and by night as the Punisher, writing the wrongs that he legally can't.

"The Punisher" marks the fourth Marvel Universe property planned for live-action television, following the proposed "Hulk" series, "Cloak and Dagger" and "AKA Jessica Jones," based on Brian Michael Bendis' "Alias." Though not in the same comic book universe, FX is preparing another Bendis adaptation, "Powers," currently published by Marvel's Icon Imprint.

In addition to "Criminal Minds," Bernero created the police series "Third Watch."

The Punisher, long since a mainstay of the Marvel Universe, made his first appearance in 1974's "The Amazing Spider-Man" issue 129.
Hope it's done well.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168698-the-punisher-heads-to-television
 
****, I wanted to post this. Either way, I'm fucking excited for this. Get the lead guy from that FX show "Lights Out" for Frank Castle and I'm happy.
 
About time. I'll admit that the movies sucked quite a bit, but this had better be good. Punisher was one of the titles that got me intrested in comics to begin with, so ABC Studios better not screw this up.
 
I actually liked the movies quite a bit. Don't really know how well the ultra violent Punisher comic style will translate to tv though.
 
Set up through ABC Studios, "The Punisher" will take on the format of an hourlong police procedural. In this version, Castle will work by day as an NYPD detective and by night as the Punisher, writing the wrongs that he legally can't.

Well that shoots down any hopes I might have had.

Because that is NOTHING like the Punisher I want to see.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top