The Official "Dice Jockey" Thread of Awesomeness

Oh no, I hate it, I really do. Me and my group have been doing 3.5 for a while, and we tried 4 a few times, and it just didn't work out. Everyone in the group hates it, hates DMing it, hates even talking about it.

I bet you're a Wizard player :loltongue:

I tried 3.5 once or twice but it was a real pain in the backside and the rules were just daunting and our games never went past the first session. Don't even begin to talk to me about THAC0 either :sly:

I on the other hand love 4e and would love to play more often... I haven't played as a player in too long and its itchin' me. I DMed but I got a few characters I want to play. I would never have dared to DM in other editions. And I want to buy Primal Power but I can't afford it right now :shakefist its such an awesome book! My friends have it and I want a copy for myself.

We're doing some Star Wars SAGA and tried Shadowrun before.

SAGA is okay but my character feels like its got a bullseye on its forehead as I keep getting shot at for ridiculous damage even though I got the second best friggin' defense in the whole team! :shakefist I keep getting near death experiences... last session though I commandeered a floating platform equipped with a heavy weapon and my Scoundrel is proficient with any vehicle's weapons heheheheh it was fun XD

Shadowrun on the other is not all that fun. I'm warming up to it but I'm not big on the paranoia aspect.

I'd be willing to DM a skype game but since I only play 4e its obviously isn't gonna happen :laugh:
 
Shadowrun on the other is not all that fun.

:O_O: HERESY! :sparta!:

Games I've played. Games I've GMed in bold. Favorites in Hero Blue.

AD&D 2nd Edition
Ars Magica
Battletech
BESM d20
D&D 3-3.5
D&D 4
d20 Modern
Demon
Earthdawn
Firefly
GURPS
Hol
Immortal 1st edition
Immortal 3rd edition

Immortal super shitty 2nd Edition
M.E.R.P.
New World of Darkness (just Werewolf)
old World of Darkness (Changeling, Dark Ages, Hunter, Mage, Vampire, Werewolf)
Palladium 2nd Edition
Paranoia
Rifts (I love the setting, but haaaaate the system.)
Rolemaster
Shadowrun 2nd edition
Shadowrun 3rd edition
Shadowrun 4th edition
Star Wars (Badass West End Games Edition)
Star Wars d20
Traveller
 
I bet you're a Wizard player :loltongue:

I'd be willing to DM a skype game but since I only play 4e its obviously isn't gonna happen :laugh:

lol Wow, you almost got me. I'm a sorcerer. :P I did some dual classing in 3.5 where I was a sorcerer for a few, and then I switched over to a samurai. But now that I think of it, I should've been a paladin, would've made more sense, lol. I guess I could be down for 4, if someone else is well versed in it.
 
lol Wow, you almost got me. I'm a sorcerer. :P I did some dual classing in 3.5 where I was a sorcerer for a few, and then I switched over to a samurai. But now that I think of it, I should've been a paladin, would've made more sense, lol. I guess I could be down for 4, if someone else is well versed in it.

Sorcerer was like a Wizard but with a slightly tweaked mechanic :laugh: the 4e Wizard is a controller wherase the 4e Sorcerer is a striker, a pretty good one at that, lost of blasty goodness. If you want to make folks blow up in 4th edition you play a Sorcerer :p

And now you can play a Paladin without having to jump through moral hoops. Even if you were to defile the temple of your god your powers can't be taken away... doesn't mean your god won't send an Avenger, Angel or Exarch after your sorry butt to kill you dead (depending on your tier).

The real problem with playing over the internet is that we'd need a map ya know?

Sure its possible with a little work to make all the flanking and forced movement power to work by just fudging it and estimating so you can play with a map but... well I'm in no way confident enough a DM to do it :disappoin
 
See, that's the one thing I didn't like too much about being a samurai, I had to be lawful good. Which was very hard, because we had a monk in our party who was chaotic evil, and he was a supremely higher level than me. So, whenever he would so something evil, I'd try to stand up against him, only for him to remind me how powerful I was, and have everyone else agree with him. I swear, that katana never got any sword play. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure we can do it, I mean someone makes a map, gives it to the other players, and we could do that. And as for DM, I know there are a lot of people here that could possibly do it. *cough* Blade Dancer, D *cough*
 
Well if there was a Samurai class or build available you could be a chaotic evil one and join the fun with the Monk XD

A Samurai could be a Fighter, but also a Palladin (Divine Challenge!), a duelist rogue (I don't have that article though...) or even an Avenger (Oath of Enmity!) or Swordmage. Heck you could make a case for a Warlord or even a BARBARIAN to fit. It all depends on what you'd want one to do as a 'Samurai'.

I'm hoping for some Iaijutsu goodness in the near future :/
 
In 3.5, one of the expansion books had samurai as a regular class, and one of the requirements was that you actually had to be lawful good. I've always been a true neutral character because usually everyone that I've played with was lawful good, or chaotic evil, so switching to lawful good was in fact a really weird change for me.

The only thing that would make 4 better for me, would be them making a samurai class, just straight up. I wouldn't mind that, but of course I would want to be true neutral. :laugh:
 
Well I haven't downloaded the Duelist rogue article from Dragon yet (because I need to log into my friend's DDi account and I forgot the password :p) but its supposedly a dozen powers and a handful of feat...so if you want a Samurai you could always come up with a way to modify an existing class with a handful of powers and feat and just pitch the idea to the magazine.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top