The most "nuts" Super Sentai shows? Also, the most violent ones

EDIT: Also, gotta love an "American" character who actually speaks real English even though he looks as Japanese as can be.
The actor IS from America! IIRC Lynxara's episode notes explain all the neccessary info concerning his background and what was happening in Japan at the time with the children of Japanese citizens who had moved abroad.
 
Speaking of Kakuranger, there's still one thing I never fully understood...

[hide]At the end of the show, after they seal Daimaoh, Hakumenroh stays behind with Bun while the Kakurangers head off in their bus to days unknown. Why? Ya figure that now that he's not a puppet of evil, Haku-dude would want to have some quality time with his daughter.[/hide]
 
IMO, I find Kakuranger to be the better Ninja series than Hurricaneger when it comes to the Super Sentai series. Sekai Ninja Sen Jiraiya (from Metal Heroes) is also a good Ninja series as well.

Speaking of Kakuranger, there's still one thing I never fully understood...

[hide]At the end of the show, after they seal Daimaoh, Hakumenroh stays behind with Bun while the Kakurangers head off in their bus to days unknown. Why? Ya figure that now that he's not a puppet of evil, Haku-dude would want to have some quality time with his daughter.[/hide]

I agree with you. Not to mention that the actor who played as Tsuruhime's father is played by Takayuki Godai, who played as Vul-Eagle II from episodes 24 to 50 of Sun Vulcan & who made a couple of appearances in episodes 49 & 51 of Gokaiger not too long ago (if I'm wrong, notify me about it). :)
 
I agree that Kakuranger is one of the zanier series out there. Carranger would be on my list too

Liveman is probably the most violent Sentai I've seen although almost any '70s - '80s Sentai is going to be a bit more bloodthirsty than the current ones, I remember I started on Goranger after I'd seen about 18-20 other Sentai and it still jolted me that loads of people get killed at the start of the first episode
 
One of the first episodes of Goranger I saw was episode 20, the last one with Sun Mask. That was when I realized the sort of violence the series was capable of, and that wasn't even as rough as this show would get with itself.
 
Liveman is probably the most violent Sentai I've seen
Groovy. Liveman is very cool so far, I've been digging that.

One of the first episodes of Goranger I saw was episode 20, the last one with Sun Mask. That was when I realized the sort of violence the series was capable of, and that wasn't even as rough as this show would get with itself.
Interesting, could you tell more? With spoiler tags if need be. I see that episode title involves a duel to the death with the hero and a villain, is there a decapitation or something? :coolshades:
 
[hide]It's the first "final confrontation" episode Sentai ever did. Sun Mask was the first general the bad guys introduced. He pulls off a plan that makes it appear like the villain organization has betrayed him and marked him for death. AkaRanger takes pity on him and grows fond of him, seeing him as a friend...and then Sun Mask reveals that it was all one big plot to get close to the Goranger and destroy them. Then you have AkaRanger just kicking his ass. A Red Ranger scorned is a fearsome enemy.[/hide]

It's a really good episode. You can watch episodes 15 through 20 and that's a little arc right there.
 
Carranger is definitely one of the craziest that I've seen. Just watch the first episode and see for yourself. Also, Car is pretty much a parody of TurboRanger and that show is pretty bizarre too; though I've only watched the first two episodes or so.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top