The Live-Action Dragon Ball Z - Pre-Discussion Thread (trailer on page one)

Much like how X-Men was done live, is probably how DBZ will be done. The hair can be ditched, and just done normally, with "minimal spiking." The gi's can stay, they just have to be lit well on screen. The story will probably take a much darker undertone, at a faster pace than it happened in the show. I'm anticipating this movie, because the technology we have now is up to the challenge of making it.
 
Yeah, as far as the outfits go, I'm thinking more Spider-Man than X-Men. A more grounded tone than big bright orange for Goku and royal blue for Vegeta. Hair obviously shouldn't be gigantic, as it tends to be in anime. Super Saiyans should probably still be blond, but maybe end up looking more like Spike from Buffy than that kid from the Legacy of Goku GB ad.

I also think they should stay away from any famous faces, find some new talent. Van Damme as "all-American" William Guile still gives me nightmares.

And of course there'll be CGI, but they should really limit it to the energy attacks and ki auras. While Spidey's fighting style was well-suited for computer modeling, the Z Fighters would just look too fake.
 
I have soo many Mixed Feelings on this you have no idea :eyebrow:

XD I can see Scott Mcneal Walking around painted Green and wearing a Turban and cape :laugh:
 
Last edited:
My vision of live action super saiyan would be intense winds blowing upwards from the feet causing hair to dance in the air. Instead of full out blonde hair, it'll just be a light brown with a hint of blonde highlights here and there. Eyes would obviously turn green. There'd also be tons of electricity surrounding the body.

Pretty simple.
 
I agree that any decent attempt to make DBZ would probably have to modify itself greatly from the source material. Still, what's important is to keep the spirit of the series alive. Also I agree wholeheartedly not to use any famous names in the movie. Maybe make an exception for Roshi, Korin, Kami, King Kai, or any character that a voice actor might be needed for. But for the love of god no famous people for the Z Fighters, Saiyans, Freeza, or Cell.
 
Great...now we'll get two hours of Goku powering up, and the last hour or so of him trying to defeat the damn enemy...

I'm dreading this film, I can't help but picture some lame, cosplay act.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top