The History of the Power Rangers - Discussion Thread

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
The only episodes of Wild Force I really liked were Forever Red and Merrick's intro eps... :sweat:

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Eh, I guess it was ok. But watching the interplay between Taylor and Eric made me gag.

I've been watching HoPR so far and I gotta give Linkara props on how he's going about it. I've pretty much enjoyed his take on the series so far. There were things I disagreed with but they were few and far between. And I even caught things that I never paid attention to when I watched them.

As far as Time Force goes, I think I need constant reminders on how badass Eric is. A lot of that has to be attributed to Daniel Southworth's portrayal of him. But I have to admit that the show is one of the better series of PR in my opinion and it shows.

And then there's...Jen... :wub:

Erin Cahill is just so fine. She can do a skirt justice. Not a lot of females can pull that off.

I can't wait for the Wild Force review. I have a feeling it won't disappoint.

Finally got around to watching the Time Force review. Was pretty good.

And wow, according to Twitter he's already progressing through Ninja Storm!

Just Scratch Behind the Ears
Hope he enjoys it. My recent watch through taught me not to listen to the peanut gallery -- NS is actually quite amusing and entertaining. The jokes don't try too hard and still work 7 years later.

Compiling some of his notes:
-Power Rangers Ninja Storm, here I come! *Starts first episode.*
-Watching Ninja Storm. Not sure how I feel about the theme song. Sounds a bit atonal, but I thought the same of time Force's theme at first.
-From "AngryJoe" The Time Force theme song was terrible, cant be worse than that.
-Oh yeah? Ever seen Overdrive's theme?
-From "Angry Joe" LOL! WTF IS THIS: http://bit.ly/bakw2q Its like a b-52's beat with the WORST lyrics & vocals ever. wow.
-Yeeees, you now begin to see why I miss Ron Wasserman.
-Watching Ninja Storm. So ninjas are magic, huh?
-(RE: A question on Orange Rangers) Technically the SPD cat ranger was orange
-(RE: A Person's dislike of SPD's Opening Theme) Are you kidding?! SPD's theme is badass!
-Watching Ninja Storm. Simple question of logic - if the morphers and the Rangers were a secret, how come there are comic books about them?
-(RE:Someone saying DinoThunder sort of explains the above [I'm guessing "Lost in Translation"]) Oooh, explanations next season! Very well, I shall be patient.
--Yes, yes, yes, I know - new continuity. I knew that beforehand.
-Okay, apparently I need to explain this: yes, it IS in regular continuity, but WHEN THE SHOW WAS FIRST AIRED it was new continuity.
-Watching Ninja Storm. End theme credits make an error - based on "Hurricanger," not "Hurricane Rangers."
-(RE: A person commenting that 'Hurricane Rangers" might be a generic term like "Star Rangers" or "Galaxy Rangers") Apparently. Still makes me scratch my head, though.
-Yes I know disney took over. However, I refuse to let the company behind it decide quality. A season stands or falls on its own merits.
-(RE: Person watching HoPR on a newly bought big screen TV) Best incentive EVAR.
-(RE: Complaints that the show after Lost Galaxy became "too campy") ...Too campy? Have you watched the original show? XD
-(RE: Comments on how the "Kalish era is faring") I've only seen Once a Ranger.

Last edited:
I think it is good that he looks how the seasons are on there own and not just: "Saban seasons are gold and Disney seasons suck.":redface2:

Linkara made a blog post discussing various things including Power Morphicon, HoPR and beyond.

Some of the important bits are:
-Had alot of fun and enjoyed talking to alot of the various actors and fans.
-Linkara will be posting some videos from the con soon. He filmed them with Kroze from Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged (who recorded the Bulk and Skull panel, as Linkara was still just arriving on the plane at that hour). Unfortunately most of them are just recordings of panels/interviews, nothing from walking around the con, meeting people (con-goers or guests) casually, or goofing off. (I am curious about the "Riff" he did though, I heard Rangercast was going to make a recording of that, anyone know if it's surfaced anywhere?)
-Got more stuff for his collection but is still searching for: a Turbo Morpher, Astro Morpher, Quantum Morpher, and Titanium Morpher.
-Did an interview with Jason Narvy, who, although not mentioning the HoPR series, said he thought he remembered seeing Atop the Fourth Wall before on his own time.
-Also spoke to Tony Oliver, who had seen a few of the HoPR videos, saying "it reminded him of a lot of stuff he had forgotten about those years."
-Meeting with Erin Cahill was awesome. She enjoyed seeing his Chrono Morpher (it was the second one she'd seen so far, and she hadn't seen one since back when filming for the show), tried it on, and signed it for him along with Jason Faunt.
-Spoke with Ron Wasserman. Discussion was enlightening.
-Wasn't able to meet face to face with JDF or Paul Schrier or Amy Rolle.
-He has seen the David Yost interview. (Says to stop "reminding" him) He says he won't jump on the topic in the videos yet, at least until after RPM, in which he might do an "addendum" video examining missed topics or errors he made.
-The following is best reported in his own words:
-While I have no solid plans for what I'll do after History of Power Rangers is "complete," I'm currently thinking that I might do a similar retrospective on Power Rangers-esque shows, like Masked Rider, Beetleborgs, and Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills (why yes, that is a real series).
-History of Power Rangers will NOT end with RPM - it will extend for as long as the new series lasts, but it does mean videos will come out EVEN SLOWER, since obviously I can't do a video on a series that is not complete.
-I have no plans, nor do I think I will EVER have plans to do a History of Doctor Who. Such an undertaking is FAR beyond my capabilities at the moment. For starters, unlike Power Rangers, where I can look at it season-by-season and examine overall story arcs and characters, Doctor Who has almost 50 YEARS of material, including episodes that no longer exist, changing premises for how the TARDIS, the Doctor, or even how the universe works, and just an entirely different approach for how to look at it. While it's certainly a fascinating idea, at the moment I don't really think I could do it justice. Maybe somewhere down the road, but certainly not now and most probably not when History of Power Rangers "ends."
The blog post also has a shot of him posing with the Red and Pink MMPR Rangers from Bandai's "troupe" of sorts. (Linkara: "Why yes, I AM a complete and utter dork.")

Also found two clips that has him at the Time Force panel (it's only "highlights" and doesn't contain the '"famous" bit from Vernon Wells though), if you can hear him he's at 3:27 in the first video and 9:13 in the second:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq6ffa6MwqI"]Clip 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82HFFXugJs"]Clip 2[/ame]
I'll see if I can find better clips in the meantime.

Last edited: