The Go-onger through Goseiger Era

Well, I'd wonder if they've actually seen Carranger first before saying that because some people just say they've watched old shows without actually watching them.

I think Shougo in particular, Matt and Lynxara would beg to differ with that assumption.

Actually, underrated is more like "nobody's heard of this show, except me" and it can actually be a positive thing because then others can wonder what it's about or even claim that they have seen the show making it a little less underrated in your eyes.

Overrated is like "stop liking this show I hate. Now that I have declared it overrated, you must all stop liking it at once."

What if someone likes a show and still thinks it's overrated? I like Garo but I still think it gets too much fan worship. Aoi Kurenai can tell you how he thinks Agito is overrated despite him liking the show.

Sometimes people just want to say they like/dislike something with out getting the 3rd degree from people such as yourself.

Well cry me a river. If you like or dislike something, you should give some actual reasons and thus contribute to the discussion, which is the whole point of this board. Not to just say "Duuuh I luv this" or "This sucks!". Just my opinion.

I think they are wrong, and that is my opinion. :thumbs:

And in my opinion, this is just you reacting to negativity you don't care for. "I don't like what they're saying so I'll make a speech about how the term 'overrated' is wrong and you shouldn't say it."

Anyone who feels important here needs to get their head examined.

In that case you should stop trying to be.
 
You quoted the wrong guy on two posts man :P
I think Shougo in particular, Matt and Lynxara would beg to differ with that assumption.
I didn't say people "never" have. I just said "I would ask them if they have."
What if someone likes a show and still thinks it's overrated? I like Garo but I still think it gets too much fan worship. Aoi Kurenai can tell you how he thinks Agito is overrated despite him liking the show.
Something getting too much fan worship is different from saying it's overrated though. And wait, so you're saying, regarding Garo, you like it, but you don't like how other people like it too much?
 
What Japanese idols were in the Shinkenger cast?

Everyone but Chiaki's actor, basically. The girls had been doing idol stuff for a couple of years, Hiroki Aiba had a bunch of projects under his belt, and the other two were models. It's just cheaper for Toei to hire people early in their careers who will do the show purely for the exposure
 
You quoted the wrong guy on two posts man :P

It happens.

I didn't say people "never" have. I just said "I would ask them if they have."

Well here are three cases where you don't have to. Four if you include Aoi.

Something getting too much fan worship is different from saying it's overrated though. And wait, so you're saying, regarding Garo, you like it, but you don't like how other people like it too much?

"Fan worship" is my wording. And to answer your question, no I don't like how so many people go into conniptions over Garo and rave about how awesome it was. Why? Because it had good CGI and naked women? Storywise and character-wise, what made it so astounding? That doesn't mean it was bad on either count, but it's not groundbreaking either. Shows like Metalder and maybe even Kuuga I would say are more "profound" than Garo.
 
I think Shougo in particular, Matt and Lynxara would beg to differ with that assumption.



What if someone likes a show and still thinks it's overrated? I like Garo but I still think it gets too much fan worship. Aoi Kurenai can tell you how he thinks Agito is overrated despite him liking the show.



Well cry me a river. If you like or dislike something, you should give some actual reasons and thus contribute to the discussion, which is the whole point of this board. Not to just say "Duuuh I luv this" or "This sucks!". Just my opinion.



And in my opinion, this is just you reacting to negativity you don't care for. "I don't like what they're saying so I'll make a speech about how the term 'overrated' is wrong and you shouldn't say it."



In that case you should stop trying to be.

That's fine they can. Sometimes people like to take part, and sometimes they don't. The thing is some people such as the two you listed can be intimidating. People see their discussions and don't want to do more than say they like or dislike a show. Then you have people like yourself who can't seem to just GRASP that people will have different reasons than you for liking or not liking a show.

I still think the overrated thing is just a crutch some people use.

It's a good thing I really don't care what you think of me. :anime:

I should strop trying to be what? And you were the one that said you wanted more discussion. Then you say you don't want some one to discuss? You can't have it both ways. But hey what ever gets you off :thumbs:
 
That's fine they can. Sometimes people like to take part, and sometimes they don't. The thing is some people such as the two you listed can be intimidating. People see their discussions and don't want to do more than say they like or dislike a show.

I don't see how having a knowledge of the genre you're a fan of is intimidating. Maybe it might be to people who just don't know anything, but not to the rest. Why don't we ask them if they think they're intimidating people.

Then you have people like yourself who can't seem to just GRASP that people will have different reasons than you for liking or not liking a show.

I really don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here, no matter how many times you have harped on this.

It's a good thing I really don't care what you think of me. :anime:

Your point being?

I should strop trying to be what? And you were the one that said you wanted more discussion. Then you say you don't want some one to discuss? You can't have it both ways. But hey what ever gets you off :thumbs:

Don't play stupid. You are always the one trying to act like you're above it all and lecturing people on how they should tolerate differing opinions and never talk as though what they think is fact.... and then you turn around and do just that in some later post. It's only when someone does something you don't like that you go into "elitist" mode.

So I am saying that if you think anyone who believes themselves to be important around here needs to be examined, then you should stop acting important simply because you've been in the fandom longer than most.

Now you are getting it.

I never not got it.
 
I don't see how having a knowledge of the genre you're a fan of is intimidating. Maybe it might be to people who just don't know anything, but not to the rest. Why don't we ask them if they think they're intimidating people.



I really don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here, no matter how many times you have harped on this.



Your point being?



Don't play stupid. You are always the one trying to act like you're above it all and lecturing people on how they should tolerate differing opinions and never talk as though what they think is fact.... and then you turn around and do just that in some later post. It's only when someone does something you don't like that you go into "elitist" mode.

So I am saying that if you think anyone who believes themselves to be important around here needs to be examined, then you should stop acting important simply because you've been in the fandom longer than most.



I never not got it.

It's not just them having knowledge. They are just very into this, and some people(myself included)don't think we are up to par in discussions with them.

That's nice.

Was I unclear?

Yeah yeah.. Yawn.

Wow.. You sure are dense. You think I think I am "important" because I have been in the fandom longer? Dude get your damn head examined. That is some stupid crap right there. But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, keep that kind of line up.

Anyway. I don't like talking to you... So... I am going to stop for now... When you make a post that is on topic again, I might reply. Enjoy.
 
Everyone but Chiaki's actor, basically. The girls had been doing idol stuff for a couple of years, Hiroki Aiba had a bunch of projects under his belt, and the other two were models.

Wow, that's neat to learn. I thought they did a great job, especially since they had relatively little experience as actors as a whole.

It's just cheaper for Toei to hire people early in their careers who will do the show purely for the exposure

Forgive me if this is not how you intended it, but I don't see how that is a bad thing.

Shows like Super Sentai, like Power Rangers seem like they are good ways to get young actors out into the mainstream thanks to the history behind them.

I know Power Rangers has a decent track record with this, I can only imagine Sentai does as well simply because of how much more respect the show seems to have with the general public.
 
I like how you two had an argument for three pages over because I used the term 'overrated' incorrectly. My mistake. smh -_-
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top