No Fear, No Pain.
Probably not his name. The kid who is always around the Science Patrol when he should be in school/not facing giant monsters in mortal combat.

Back in Black
Hoshino?

I don't like him.

I remember watching the first episode and thinking "Who is this guy?" then watching the next episodes thinking "Are they finally explaining who is this guy?"

No Fear, No Pain.
He gets more done then those other two guys. The one who is the slap stick relief that I don't like, and the other guy who keeps getting attacked by monsters. I will learn these names eventually. Besides you have to admit Hoshino has held his own against more then a few of the monsters. he even stole the spider gun and went straight after that electric monster whose name evades me...I should go back tot he Ultraman wiki shouldn't I?

Thanks!

I'll hide it just on the off-chance that somebody cares about spoilers
[hide]
So at the beginning of the final episode, Neos is dying and Zoffy makes a cameo appearance. When Neos refuses to return home, Zoffy says he will go and fetch him a 1-UP mushroom extra life force, but Neos isn't to fight until he returns or he'll die. Of course, Ultraseven 21 can't handle Menschheit himself, so Neos does transform, but he's quickly defeated as he's still very weak.

The other plot point of the finale is about a Zamu called Eslar, who's destiny is to put his life force into a capsule he carries around with him. Doing so will kill him, but revive a billion of his fellow Zamu (who it seems are otherwise extinct). Zamu instead puts his life force into Neos and Ultraseven 21, giving them the power to defeat Menschheit. This kills Eslar, but he leaves his capsule with HRT.

What happens in the show: we get a finale narration about how Earth is almost out of the dark matter zone, and how one day human technology will allow them to revive the billion Zamu in the capsule.

What I had expected: Zoffy doesn't know that Neos received more life force. Therefore he should be rushing back with an extra one...which they could use to revive the Zamu there and then. OK maybe not on Earth (where would you put a billion extra people?) but fullfilling their promise to Elsar and releasing his billion brethren seemed to be what they were setting up, and it seemed odd that they didn't go with what I thought was the logical ending.
[/hide]
It just seemed odd to me to build that up and not take advantage, that's all.

Thanks, I just need to get info on the "dark matter" zone Earth was moving through - and what it actually meant. But, is it just me, or was/had/is Tsuburaya going through a period of "No Happy Endings"?

Ultraman the Next (which is on region 2 dvd, so no go for me)
One of the rare releases that IS good for me :anime: but unfortunately I still haven't been able to find anywhere :redface2:
Thanks, I just need to get info on the "dark matter" zone Earth was moving through - and what it actually meant. But, is it just me, or was/had/is Tsuburaya going through a period of "No Happy Endings"?
The premise of Neos is that every few million years the orbit of the solar system takes it through a region of space that contains high levels of dark matter (the "dark matter zone"). Apparently dark matter can mutate life forms into monsters. The team in Neos, HRT (pronounced "heart"), were set up to investigate incidents related to the dark matter mutations.

It's not an unhappy ending. It's just that it seemed to be leading up to a different ending, rather than the more stoic one they went with.

Back in Black
He gets more done then those other two guys. The one who is the slap stick relief that I don't like, and the other guy who keeps getting attacked by monsters. I will learn these names eventually. Besides you have to admit Hoshino has held his own against more then a few of the monsters. he even stole the spider gun and went straight after that electric monster whose name evades me...I should go back tot he Ultraman wiki shouldn't I?

Well, the others being useless doesn't make the kid useful.

If it was the Captain, Fuji, and Hayata with three other members, then it would be a much more effective team.

Hoshino reminds me of the kid who kept trying to follow Gamera and almost got killed.

DAIMON PAWNCH
Since there was an ealier discussion about it... seems Saga will have a one night premiere in the US... hopefully, this could be a chance for more Ultra in the states

Super Moderator
Since there was an ealier discussion about it... seems Saga will have a one night premiere in the US... hopefully, this could be a chance for more Ultra in the states

Any news on what channel?