The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan & Jet Li) - Talk Up!

So, by "everything" he must mean the actors, the cinematography, the score, the editing, the production design, the creature effects, the visual effects, the practical effects, the costume design, the script, the directing, the title sequence, to name a few... :)
 
Hm..... I dunno... I think it was alright. I REALLY think Jackie Chan would've been a better Monkey King. Jet Li looks funky when he tries to be goofy.

I'm impressed they had the guts to stick to their guns and finish off the love interest tho. They could've punked out easily to, so props.

I'm not flipping out about it, but... well done.

It is very much the wet dream any one of us wishes we had.

Far from genius, but touched on enough.
 
Hm..... I dunno... I think it was alright. I REALLY think Jackie Chan would've been a better Monkey King. Jet Li looks funky when he tries to be goofy.

I'm impressed they had the guts to stick to their guns and finish off the love interest tho. They could've punked out easily to, so props.

I'm not flipping out about it, but... well done.

It is very much the wet dream any one of us wishes we had.

Far from genius, but touched on enough.

Are you mostly familiar with Jet Li in his American movies? He's played goofy characters before in his HK films (which I prefer) and is quite good at it. That's something I liked about FK. It was chance for American audience to see that he can do something besides just the stoic marital arts hero. Though I enjoy him as that to.
 
Hm..... I dunno... I think it was alright. I REALLY think Jackie Chan would've been a better Monkey King. Jet Li looks funky when he tries to be goofy.

I'm impressed they had the guts to stick to their guns and finish off the love interest tho. They could've punked out easily to, so props.

I'm not flipping out about it, but... well done.

It is very much the wet dream any one of us wishes we had.

Far from genius, but touched on enough.

You never saw "The Legend" and "The Legend 2"? He was pretty goofy in this movie. In a way, both movies were awesome.

Jet Li is pretty good of being a goofy for the movie.
 
I'm more familiar with Jet in HK flicks. And usually I see him stoic. Twin Warriors, Fist of Legend, The Swordsman II.... others I can't remember, but I don't recall him being goofy.

I liked FK for the most part tho. Fun.. good for kids... good gate way for those curious about martial arts and kung fu legends.
 
I'm more familiar with Jet in HK flicks. And usually I see him stoic. Twin Warriors, Fist of Legend, The Swordsman II.... others I can't remember, but I don't recall him being goofy.

Speaking of Twin Warriors, you should've seen the uncut of this movie called "Tai Chi Master". Dragon Dynasty has recently released this movie, UNCUT with english subbed.

Twin Warriors was just bad enough with all bullshit english dubbed, made by Dimension/Miramax. BADLY.
 
Speaking of Twin Warriors, you should've seen the uncut of this movie called "Tai Chi Master". Dragon Dynasty has recently released this movie, UNCUT with english subbed.

Twin Warriors was just bad enough with all bullshit english dubbed, made by Dimension/Miramax. BADLY.

YES! 'Red thanks for posting about Dragon Dynasty. I hadn't heard of the site before and now that I know there's a good release of it I need to snag this. The one I have is a very old HK DVD.

But yeah, Tai Chi Master is a blast in it's unfuckedwith form! :castlerock: :buttrock:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top