The 90's Marvel Cartoons on DVD...WHY WON'T IT HAPPEN?!

DigDoug

Member
I feel like I need some questions answered. Why is Disney refusing to release all of the 90's Marvel cartoons on DVD? You'd think that this is the perfect time for it, with all of the movies coming out now. Also, why hasn't Marvel tried to buy them back? They seem to be successful enough, now, that they could buy the rights from Disney and release them on DVD themselves.

This has been on my mind for a little while now, and I need to know why. Any of you know?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well Iron Man is available in region 2 DVD's, F4 is available in region 1.
And Spider-man also has a lot of DVD's out.

The X-men are supposedly going to be released this year in region 2.
 
Because 98% percent of the time business folks don't think an obvious thing will work. But seriously, it'll probably come but there is a lot of bs someone like Marvel would have to go through to get back their own properties (Yeah figure that one).
 
Well, they're showing most of those cartoons on Toon Disney right now. For some reason, Disney is apparently under the belief that releasing season boxed sets will impact ratings. That's what I've been hearing, anyway.
 
Avi Arad gave an interview several years ago to Wizard where he stated that one of his goals was to transform Marvel into something resembling Disney or Time Warner.

*hmmmm.....
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top