Tensou Sentai Goseiger - 2010 Sentai - Pictures and info on first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've used an incorrect kanji for japan there, McAster =]
The first one should be the 'sun' kanji, ni.

Nope, he's right. Engrish is the english language badly spoken by japanese, eihongo is the japanese language badly spoken by the english people. Since he was talkin of how sometimes english people speak a bad japanese, eihongo is the right word to use.
 
... did all of you forget that Robin's real name is also "Dick"? And I thought, the sentai jacket is not meant to be sold internationally

My grandfather's name was Dick, too. People will still make the joke. Besides, he never went around with his name on a jacket. It's also funny to people because the actors wearing the things probably don't even know it's a slang term in English.

I would be willing to translate but wow, his answers are so long winded.
as usual, they reveal acting in Super Sentai has always been a childhood dream.

I think everyone would say that being a SS actor was a childhood dream, even if it wasn't. :loltongue:

Though I seem to remember hearing that the actress who played Natsumi in Decade was more a fan of Sailor Moon. :laugh:

That's one thing I'm glad Toei has been avoiding lately. Traditional Mecha > CGI Mecha.

AMEN!

Well since the head writer is from Gekiranger maybe there is a good chance we could get GoseiViolet. We are in need for another purple fix anyway imo.

Definitely. You can never have too much purple. I just want it to be a girl this time. :loltongue:

Or you could be in Japan and wear a MMA "10 Man KO" shirt, or in Japanese where a large batch of the American produced shirts read "十 まんこ". One poor tourist I saw wearing it couldn't understand why no woman would talk to him.

What does that mean? I'm curious as to why no women would speak to him. :laugh:

Nope, he's right. Engrish is the english language badly spoken by japanese, eihongo is the japanese language badly spoken by the english people. Since he was talkin of how sometimes english people speak a bad japanese, eihongo is the right word to use.

I suppose if we have a word for it, they should get to have one, too! But it's still hilarious. :laugh:
 
It's also funny to people because the actors wearing the things probably don't even know it's a slang term in English.

I kind of wonder if the katakana being transliterated in-show and the -ick suffix wouldn't be better translated into English as -ique. This is based mostly on me having seen the -ikku katakana translated that way in other works. (Most prominent among them probably Angelique.)

While Landique, Seaique, and Skyique are still going to be awkward for English speakers, they would certainly sound better spoken aloud than Landick, Seaick, or Skyick. Also a bit more generally angelic, at least to my ears.

What does that mean? I'm curious as to why no women would speak to him. :laugh:

It's one of the few words that Japanese speakers will consider outright dirty instead of rude, IIRC. It pretty much means
pussy, as in the portion of the female anatomy.
 
Um I'd like to settle something right now...uh we're getting GoseiGreen bitches..yeah I went there.



:P
 
u know.. i scanned through the thread... and all i saw was manko .......and was like O_______________________________O

and that's what people get for transliterating something instead of translating it :P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top