[Spoilers] IRON MAN 2 - TALK UP! [Spoilers ohnoes]

I thought the movie was outstanding. I just hope people don't play the "lets listen to critics and let them make up our minds" game on this one.
 
I went to the midnight showing, definitely a sequel that doesn't disappoint...but the final fight could've been dragged out a bit more, felt a little underwhelming.

[HIDE]Was there any reason why the kiss part shown in the trailer was cut from the final movie?[/HIDE]
 
All I can say is that Marvel has turned the process of making generic, cookie-cutter superhero movies into an art form. There were some cool visuals in IM2 and Downey Jr. and Rourke's performances were top notch, of course, but everything else felt like cardboard archetypal Hollywood filler. And don't even get me started on Sam Jackson's Nick Fury.
 
Nothing would have been wrong if he had actually played the character instead of just being Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with an eye patch. His entire conversation with Robert Downey Jr. at that villa was laughably bad, as were all of his poorly-written one liners and "clever" jokes ("I've got my eye on you"... gimme a break). It was just another example of a film going "hey look! we've got Samuel L. Jackson in our movie."
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top