Showa Rider series up to Stronger

Doktor G may be my single favorite Kamen Rid....Kamen Raaaaaaaaider foe ever.

The dude just could NOT pronounce Raaaaaaaaaider normally to save his goddamn life.
 
Great read there, but I really didn't find any problems with the first KR series, probably because I watched it as a kid. :laugh:
 
I think the Baron Fang episodes are some of the show's strongest

Well, I liked them, although I thought the last arc was better overall.

The two-monsters two-episodes thing had been tried late in the original show, but V3 turns it into an art.

Yeah, looking back, I should have mentioned the two episode arcs with two monsters, although, yes, to me that quickly didn't become enough to make V3 stand out from its predecessor.

In addition, I've just remembered something else... They still reused some pieces of bgm of the original show in early V3 episodes, even after the original Riders weren't around. I liked the reuse in the first two episodes, but after it continued afterwards for a while with some of the bgm it felt kind of cheap.

Look forward to your thoughts on X, it's personally my favorite Shouwa series.

Thanks! And, the next one won't take this long.
 
The biggest mistake in V3 was the late introduction of Riderman. The show got so extremely good when this character was added. I fail to understand why they didn't introduce him much earlier.
 
In addition, I've just remembered something else... They still reused some pieces of bgm of the original show in early V3 episodes, even after the original Riders weren't around. I liked the reuse in the first two episodes, but after it continued afterwards for a while with some of the bgm it felt kind of cheap.

Never had a problem with that, but it's so commonplace in older Tokusatsu I barely notice anymore. A bunch of the post-Seven Ultra series recycle Seven music; Kamen Rider itself uses some music from other Toei shows, and vice-versa (a few tracks I can think of offhand that V3 made use of are not featured on any of the original series soundtracks.) I just got used to it after a while.
 
Very true. I remember Den-O using music from Ultraman Max, ironically in the same episode where Kenta Uchino (Teppei from Mebius) made his guest appearance.
 
Kamen Rider itself uses some music from other Toei shows, and vice-versa (a few tracks I can think of offhand that V3 made use of are not featured on any of the original series soundtracks.) I just got used to it after a while.

Do you know what other Toei shows in terms of music were used?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top