Showa-era Gamera (Shout! Ent. Releases)

That's such great news. It's really good, considering you can find copies of the old Gamera films at pretty much any major movie store for only like 5 bucks. I love to watch them, but they truly are undeniably bad looking.

I also wanna hear the original audio really badly, becuase Gamera films have the most notorious amount of annoying "Kenny" dubs. :redface2:
 
What you all might not know, is that I was hired as the Special Features Producer on all eight of Shout!'s GAMERA releases, and am working on GAMERA VS. BARUGON right now. Oh, one special feature that will come with all eight DVDs is a 12-page booklet. Stay tuned for more details to come! Check my blog for the announcement: http://augustragone.blogspot.com/2010/02/colossal-chelonian-lives-shout-factory.html

By the way, the "original dubs" are not the Sandy Frank dubs; those would be the superior dubs created by Titra Studios out of New York, which did GAMERA VS. VIRAS through JIGER (the first two sequels, BARUGON and GYAOS, were dubbed in HK by the commission of Daiei Studios).

(Oh, and I'm writing all of the subtitle scripts for the films, too.)
 
That hasn't been confirmed yet. But in the interview I linked, the dude from Shout! said that eventually they'll probably be released together. But for the time being they're gonna be released seperately and over time, until they're finally released together.

But to get the optimal amount of money for each DVD, I think Shout! will do the smart thing for them and release the box set well into the future.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top