Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
New Gamera anime called Gamera Rebirth has just been announced. This has a high chance of sucking either because they force a lot of poopnoun politics into it or it ends up like their rancid Godzilla trilogy and Ultraman manga adaption. No idea on that short Pacific Rim series because, and lets be honest here, like Cloverfield it didn't really have anything going for it and was nowhere near as entertaining as people said it was. Hell, Atlantic Rim was much better. But yeah, expect this to be a lord of the talking, like how Lenny from that unfunny Lego movie went around screaming SPACESHIP he'll be yelling TALKING! and WITH A MOUTH! I think Homer had a similar reaction in that one Simpson episode where the family forced Bart to spend more time with Ralph. Oh Ralph, you and your homicidal leprechaun, so much better written than Leprechaun Origins.

You seem to have this immense hatred for letting people you don't even know live the way they want to live. Oh no, someone wants to has a sex change. That totally effects your life in no way whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm more worried about this given Netflix's track record with Japanese media.

R

raden238

I will give this a chance. Godzilla, Ultraman, King Kong. The Daikaiju genre is back in full force. Good to have Gamera back!

You seem to have this immense hatred for letting people you don't even know live the way they want to live.
I don't, I'm just tired of the attention getting poopnoun politics and Netflix loves shoving that **** in most of their originals and advertising. "Watching this cuz ov the pugressiv!" I mean ****, I'm left wing and I find this feces annoying.
Oh no, someone wants to has a sex change.
I literally don't care, try getting material that isn't a Twatter echo chamber talking point.

Another quick teaser was released, announcing that rather than a movie this Netflix project is actually a six part series. It was also announced that Gamera will face five other monsters in the series. Then the twitter account posted an image confirming that one of those other monsters was, of course, Gamera's recurring foe, the Gyaos.

I hope the animation looks better in the final product because there it was so jittery.

New trailer and it hass none of the identity politics Netflix is known for! But the first season of Netflix Ultraman was terrible so... Who knows?

So now we know the five monsters Gamera will face, and they're all returning ones from the Showa era films. I can understand some of them. The Gyaos are the only reoccurring foe, and Guiron is very well remembered due to his giant knife blade head. But I think some of the others could have been substituted for new monsters.

Gamera Rebirth deserves a reward for how terrible it was. I mean I rag on Godzilla Singular Point and Netflix Ultraman for worst of their franchise, and they absolutely are, but damn was this a massive dump all over Gamera. Slow pacing, barely any action, obnoxious characters, low quality animation, stock music, inconsistent tone, and a dumb cliffhanger ending nobody asked for. I'd call this the worst anime of the year, but Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch was worse (how the hell does fraud warrant a death penalty?). This makes me feel bad for Gamera fans, y'all deserve better than this. I am also convinced Netflix should forever be kept away from tokusatsu after this. The Godzilla movie trilogy was bad and only surpassed by Shin and SP for being the worst of the franchise, those Ultraman seasons were so far removed from the franchise they may as well be something else, and now this.