Should there be a third Henshin Hero franchise? What would it be?

Y'know, I'm pretty big on anime. And there's a LOT of new anime every few months to check out. If I hate one, there's always another out there.

...But with Toku/Henshin Hero (which I'm also a huge fan of), its much different. If that year's Super Sentai sucks, all I have is Kamen Rider. If Kamen Rider sucks, then I've got, well...nothing.

Ideally for me, Henshin Hero would have at least four or five series every year. But that's not very likely. But a third Henshin Hero franchise? People have been trying it for a while now, albeit so far there's been little success. So I'm curious? Does anyone else want a third Henshin Hero franchise? And what would you choose it to be? Chou Sei Shin? Tomica Rescue Hero? Uchuu Keiji? Possibly something brand-new?

Let's hear it.
 
There's already Ultraman. But if we're talking about Toei exclusively then the first response would be to bring back Metal Hero. But as we can see Toei isn't exactly daring these days. Tomica Hero should stay gone, it was always a waste. I wouldn't mind seeing SeiShin Series return though, as long as it isn't dumbed down in execution like Sazer X.
 
With a new Ultra series coming out soon, you should be expecting that one to the "3rd" Henshin Hero/toku series to fill the void in some people's toku hearts.

But aside from the Ultras, maybe a Ryukendo sequel.....or a GARO sequel
 
There's already Ultraman. But if we're talking about Toei exclusively then the first response would be to bring back Metal Hero. But as we can see Toei isn't exactly daring these days. Tomica Hero should stay gone, it was always a waste. I wouldn't mind seeing SeiShin Series return though, as long as it isn't dumbed down in execution like Sazer X.

That's more Kyodai Hero than Henshin Hero, to me. And I don't mean Toei exclusively. Any company from Toho to Takara.
 
There's already Ultraman. But if we're talking about Toei exclusively then the first response would be to bring back Metal Hero. But as we can see Toei isn't exactly daring these days. Tomica Hero should stay gone, it was always a waste. I wouldn't mind seeing SeiShin Series return though, as long as it isn't dumbed down in execution like Sazer X.

Why do you want Tomica Hero stay gone? This was my favorite franchise to watch to begin with. It has potential to challenging Super Sentai, Kamen Rider franchises! Not that Tomica Hero would replacing them all, I really like Tomica Hero.

I understand that you and others don't like this, because of too much CGI. There are so many things that I would describe from the franchise so far. We would have be seeing third tomica hero, "Tomica Hero Rescue Aqua" by now!

I don't understand any of this, why do you want the franchise to stay gone? What's wrong with it?
 
Yes and it should be a Metal hero show. When I mean metal hero, I don't mean just a show with a guy in a metal looking suit, I mean a metal hero show along the lines of Gavan to Speilban, an Uchyu Keiji Metal hero series.
If it comes back, I want the damn thing to go back to its roots rather then flailing around with Kikaider blacks, New Akakages or robocop-kiddie, I want it with light sabers, space invaders, a ship that transforms into something and kick ass action like before.
 
I understand that you and others don't like this, because of too much CGI.

On the contrary, I liked Tomica Hero's CGI. Takara does better work than Toei in that area.

I don't understand any of this, why do you want the franchise to stay gone? What's wrong with it?

It was a bad show. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to be Sentai-esque or just strictly be a rescue-oriented show like Metal Hero's Super Rescue Trilogy. So it tried to be both, and as a result looked absolutely ridiculous (even without the wackiness thrown in). Almost every case handled by the heroes is orchestrated by a single organization? With such silly contraptions as "Crisis Makers" and the like? That would work fine in an arc, but you can't make them the sole antagonist. A show like this shouldn't even have antagonists. It should just be about the daily events of a special rescue team.

Think of NBC's Trauma (Is it still on?) or shows like it. They essentially work on the same premise as TH and the SRT, only there aren't any fancy costumes and arsenal. If you want a rescue toku that is actually more or less realistic, watch Winspector, Solbrain and Exceedraft.
 
That's more Kyodai Hero than Henshin Hero, to me.

This objection always weirds me out. (Not to say you're not entitled to your opinion or anything.)

Super Sentai having a giant robot = cool
Ultraman becoming a giant = not cool?

It's especially weird given that a lot of Ultra shows clearly depict Ultramen as being able to henshin without growing large if they want to. Just... y'know, lot of kaiju to wrestle most of the time.

Given how many plots and concepts KR and SS have lifted from Ultraman, it's kind of sad that the franchise is somehow "disqualified" from fan attention over a "grow big" gimmick. I guess I feel like Ultraman deserves its props even if you're one of those fans who justifiably finds it boring.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top