Shinkenger The Movie: Sentai's biggest WTH?

The Shinkenger 'movie' is a strange beast, since it:

1) Was paired up with the biggest Rider movie in years, which frankly, is what everyone paid to see.
2) It was meant to be seen in 3D, though only select theaters showed it that way. I saw it at a non-3D theater and think you could tell the audience was just waiting for the thing to be over already.

When you take away the 3D and Double feature aspect, yeah, it's nothing to write home about.
 
I mean, I've seen a couple of past Sentai movies, but this is the first to sincerely anger me, and the first toku film to do so, for that matter. it was just completely insufficient
 
1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes usually.

Of course. That's some bullshit, they need to make Sentai movies actually enjoyable and non-episode-like for the first time.

If it means more explosions then the hairs on your head, so be it. But at least put some effort and care like you do for rider movies.
 
Of course. That's some bullshit, they need to make Sentai movies actually enjoyable and non-episode-like for the first time.

If it means more explosions then the hairs on your head, so be it. But at least put some effort and care like you do for rider movies.

Well, I think they do that so when you combine the total screen-time of both movie, it'll be around 1 and a half to 2 hours which is the usual length of 1 movie. KRs usually has the deeper story in the series and Sentai is usually the lighter one since it targets kids more. Well, that's just my 2 cents.
 
I feel bad for the poor suckers paying $52(I think its er...cheaper on AmazonJP but you still pay out the ass on shipping) to buy this, that's $2.10 a minute.
 
Well, I think they do that so when you combine the total screen-time of both movie, it'll be around 1 and a half to 2 hours which is the usual length of 1 movie. KRs usually has the deeper story in the series and Sentai is usually the lighter one since it targets kids more. Well, that's just my 2 cents.

Funny, that's the amount Toei put into it's Sentai movies.

But anywayss, Sashi, I get where your coming from, but I'm tired of Sentai always getting the "Lighter" excuse. It can easily be as deep as rider, they obviously just don't care enough.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top