Shinken Pink: Shut Up Bitch, Go Fix Me a Turkey Pot Pie

Mako > lazy girls who akin themselves to coconuts. >>

The username comes from a kids' song :laugh:

Hooray for girls who can handle food and children. Hooray for life! Down with cultural death!

Too stupid to handle anything else, more like. And, "cultural death?" OMG SOCIETY WILL DIE IF WOMEN AREN'T STEPFORD HOUSEWIVES :rolleyes2:

A clue what you're talking about.

I could say the same for you.
 
Too stupid to handle anything else, more like.

Wait a minute. Did you just call stay-at-home women stupid? Amazing. I can see how enlightened you are. I'll be sure to tell the aunts of mine who were housewives much of their lives that they're a bunch of ingrates.

And, "cultural death?" OMG SOCIETY WILL DIE IF WOMEN AREN'T STEPFORD HOUSEWIVES :rolleyes2:

The irony there is that "Stepford wives" are rarely, if ever, all that "feminine". Trophy wives aren't akin to femininity, despite what you may think.

I could say the same for you.

You would be wrong. And dozens of people would agree with me.
 
Wait a minute. Did you just call stay-at-home women stupid? Amazing. I can see how enlightened you are. I'll be sure to tell my aunts that were hosuewives much of their lives that they're a bunch of ingrates.

You can say what you like. Every woman I know who stayed at home with children is one who dropped out of school early with no qualifications, or of the '50s - '60s generation who had less opportunities than we now do and less education than is common today. Or who is stupid enough to believe that a woman is only a good one if she stays at home.

The irony there is that "Stepford wives" are rarely, if ever, all that "feminine". Trophy wives aren't akin to femininity, despite what you may think.

"Femininity" isn't important. Anyone who likes it does so for their own selfish reasons ie. they find it sexy. Trophy wives have an artificial, tacked-on sort of femininity: fake tan, fake breasts etc. I'll give Mako's character this, at least she's better than some silicone-enhanced Barbie type.

You would be wrong. And dozens of people would agree with me.

Their business, not mine.
 
You can say what you like. Every woman I know who stayed at home with children is one who dropped out of school early with no qualifications, or of the '50s - '60s generation who had less opportunities than we now do.

Where do you get these statistics? From NOW?

So there are no well-educated women at all out there who make a conscious decisions to stay home and raise kids, or at the very least work from home? In your fantasy, you'd have to be really really moronic to decide not to pursue a career. Your true colors come out more and more with every utterance.

"Femininity" isn't important. Anyone who likes it does so for their own selfish reasons ie. they find it sexy.

So you will now speak for others? You don't even know what you claim to know all about, yet now you will claim you know what people think?

Trophy wives have an artificial, tacked-on sort of femininity: fake tan, fake breasts etc.

.... Except that's not femininity at all. That's just enhanced body parts.

I'll give Mako's character this, at least she's better than some silicone-enhanced Barbie type.

In other words, she's the actual feminine one. :thumbs:
 
Where do you get these statistics? From NOW?

So there are no well-educated women at all out there who make a conscious decisions to stay home and raise kids, or at the very least work from home? In your fantasy, you'd have to be really really moronic to decide not to pursue a career. Your true colors come out more and more with every utterance.

Cooking, cleaning and giving birth are things any woman could do, no matter how thick she might be. To have a professional career you do at least need some intelligence and aptitude.

So you will now speak for others? You don't even know what you claim to know all about, yet now you will claim you know what people think?

"Femininity" serves only one purpose and that is to marginalise women for the benefit of male desire. It is of no practical use to the woman herself.

In other words, she's the actual feminine one. :thumbs:

Exactly, and it doesn't make "femininity" a good thing. Why is her character popular? Because she's "hot" and a wannabe house slave. In other words, a male wet dream.
 
Cooking, cleaning and giving birth are things any woman could do, no matter how thick she might be. To have a professional career you do at least need some intelligence and aptitude.
Raising a child, instilling values, being responsible of a child, on the other hand, are things not everyone can do. Stop simplifying and stop your pick and choosing, you're ignore the things that not everyone can do, you need plenty of intelligence to raise a child, I've seen plenty of people get ahead in the workplace because of nepotism.
 
If I thought raising a kid was easy I'd already be doing it. I'm putting it off because it's a terrifying responsibility compared to just working and doing what I please with my evenings. I don't want to be like other people my age who had kids young and then foisted all the work off on their parents. Blech.

As it happens, I can cook because I'm a bit of a foodie, but mattcomics is much better at cleaning house than I am so he takes care of most of that-- bathrooms especially because cleaning chemicals make my skin kinda dissolve. For most big jobs with the house, though, we do them together.

Taking care of a house is tough work, especially when both partners have their own day jobs, and it's really best done by the couple together. I mean, I wish I had kuroko who'd do everything for me while I was cranking out verbiage, but I have to settle for a Roomba.

Anyway, also speaking as a writer and freelancer, Ryotarou is absolutely right. If I had a dollar for every gig I lost to one of the editor's best buddies or some jerk who'd work without a legally defensible contract, I could just play video games all day and skip the writing part.
 
"Femininity" serves only one purpose and that is to marginalise women for the benefit of male desire. It is of no practical use to the woman herself.

Ahha. As soon as you lose a point you backtrack and start repeating the same tired malarkey.

Exactly, and it doesn't make "femininity" a good thing. Why is her character popular? Because she's "hot" and a wannabe house slave. In other words, a male wet dream.

I like Mako, but I would hardly call her a "wet dream" as you so crudely put it. As for "hot", she's far from ugly but there are better candidates out there. But good job diluting the meaning of slavery by coupling it to girls who do housework. I'm sure that will make real slaves worldwide very happy.

By the way, that's another "unfeminine" thing: crass talk. But of course you would take that as a badge of honor.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top