[CASTING CALLS] Shin Megami Tensei: Personal Arcana

Lurker
Shin Megami Tensei: Personal Arcana

0562000.png

For thousands of years, human have existed completely unaware that their world was actually only one half of a much larger whole. For eons, the two realms existed as corrupted images of the other, equal yet completely different. As time moved on, the difference between the two realms became more and more pronounce, while one side became more powerful its inhabitants lost control of their own self identity, becoming violent monsters without name that were only ruled by their own base instincts. Without a sense of self, the inhabitants lost their physical form becoming simply masses of energy that only existed instead of living. Meanwhile, the inhabitants of the other realm developed in a more intellectual level to the point that they were able to give themselves an identity: humans. As humans continued to grow and evolve, they unconsciously develop the ability for the psyche to enter the parallel realm in their sleep. The strange and curious things people would see there were usually discarded as weird dreams, sometimes their consciousnesses would get to close to the world's corrupted inhabitants, leading to nightmares. For a long time, dreams were the only sort of interaction between the two realms and it should have stayed that one.

One day, the entire world was covered in darkness. The boundaries between the two realms were broken, for one full hour the the two worlds intermingled, the shadowy nameless and formless monster preyed on their human counterparts. When the hour was up, everything suddenly went back to normal, and by the next day everyone had seemingly forgotten what had happened, and that they would simply go down has having had the larges rate of disappearance all around the world. However, not everyone forgot the the incident. During the hour of darkness, some of the people that were attack fought back, their will and determination suddenly took physical form and came forth to protect them against the monsters. Once the hour was up, the new Persona simply disappeared in a blue light, leaving behind a single major arcana Tarot card and the words "I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come..."

Since that day, the boundary between the two worlds continues to be unstable and Shadows enter the human world following their basic instinct of instill chaos. The only one that are capable of fighting them off are the few individuals that awakened their Personas on that day, who on top of everything have now become the prime target of the Shadows. Not only are they suddenly tasked with protect themselves and those around them, but also to figure out what happened that caused all of this and prevent ti from happening again.

===

Rules

-No godmodding.

-Post as regularly as you can.

-Please, let the thread know if your going to be absent for an extended period of time.

-No reservations. However, if more than one person shows intersest for one role, time will be given for all parties to submit bios.

-Keep personal conflicts with members out of the RPG.

-Relationship between the characters are allowed as long as they are not the main focus.

-Characters death are allowed as long as they are merited. They must go down swinging.

-Only one player per Arcana, but a player can have different characters.

-The World/Universe Arcana is off-limits.

-Starter and Ultimate Persona must have been in the same Arcana in at least one of the games.

-Starter Persona cannot have been an Ultimate Persona in any game, but the Ultimate Persona does not have to have been one.

-No Personas from main characters in the series (i.e. Izanagi or Hermes). Persona that have a non main version can be use (i.e. Susanoo or Cerberus), but only their non-main version.

===

Skelleton
Name:
Element: (Fire/Lighting/Wind/Ice)
Appearance:
Starter Persona:
Ultimate Persona:
Bio:

===

Cast

Galaxian - Kai Steelgard (Strength)

===

Name: Kai Steelgard
Arcana: Strength
Element: Lighting
Appearance:
iaT1Eyk.png

Starter Persona: Rakshasa
571298-untitled_4.png

Ultimate Persona: Siegfried
C%C3%B3pia_de_Seigfried.png

Bio: With an ever present smile, Kai has always faced all the problems he had encountered with the most positive outlook. Having been abandoned in an orphanage at birth, Kai grew up with a foster family. They might not have had the most money, but he always received unconditional love from his foster family, because of that Kai made it his life goal to be strong enough to take care of those close to him. Since he was young, Kai studied hard and kept his body strong, always ready for when any of his foster siblings needed help and doing anything he could to ease any burden from his foster parents. Whatever responsibility Kai was given, he took it to heart no matter how trivial it seems and anyone in school or in the street who would even attempt to mess with one of the kids living at home would have to deal with Kai. Yet, despite all the burden he carried, the smile never left Kai's face because the last thing he would ever want was for others to worry about him.

Kai eventually aged out of the foster program and thanks to his high grades he was able to go to collage on a full scholarship. Still, Kai managed to get a part time job while studying and use the money he earn to help his foster family out. During the day of the Dark Hour, Kai had been visiting his family when the world was covered in darkness. Kai did his best to keep his siblings calm and when one of the Shadows suddenly arrived at the house, Kai immediatly lept in front of family and try to protect him, however he was no match for the monster and was easily knocked away. The sight of the strange and menacing monsters about to attack his siblings triggered the awakening of Kai's Persona, and with Rakshasa he was able to defeat the Shadow and keep his foster family safe until the Dark Hour was over and the light returned.

Last edited:
Disappear into light!!
So in this Dark Hour, everyone is conscious and aware(not in coffins except a few)?

Just a passing through RP'er
Interested in this definitely!

Name: Aaron Cynis
Arcana: Judgment
Element: Fire
Starter Persona: Anubis
Ultimate Persona: Ardha
Bio: Coming Soon!

I'll write a up a bio soon.

I'm interested as well and will get something in as soon as I can decide on some Personas, since your rule about arcana ruined a thematically fantastic pair.

Lurker
I'm interested as well and will get something in as soon as I can decide on some Personas, since your rule about arcana ruined a thematically fantastic pair.

I've had this idea for a logn time, but I didn't post it because I couldn't decide on which pair of Personas to use :laugh:

If it helps, the Ultimate Persona does not have to have been one in the games. You can pick any Persona you want for your character as long as it's in the same Arcana as the Starter in at least one of the games.

I would also allow other demons from the Megami Tensei franchise series (like Wendigo or Beldr) as one of the character's Persona. As long one of the two is from the Persona series.

Last edited:
Lurker
Name: Thomas Klein
Arcana: Devil
Element: Fire
Appearance:
trauma-team-cr-s01-artwork-2_zpsccd9a1de.png
Starter Persona:Loki
Loki1_zps5f6ef929.jpg
Ultimate Persona: Baal
Baal_zps907e0e85.jpg

Bio:
Coming soon

The Wind Of Justice
Name: June Narukami
Arcana: Chariot
Element: Lighting
Appearance:
thunder_by_mezamero-d39wwwg.jpg
Starter Persona: Zouchou
Zouchou.png

Ultimate Persona: Thor
300px-Thor.jpg

Bio: Having been born to a caring family, June try not to get into too much trouble. Growing up June got into fights, at school he rather avoid. He Knows how much his parents would worry about his safety. He tends to keep his thoughts to himself, only getting into conversations with friends and family. June practices kendo in his, spare time after school, to protect his friends and family. Tends to get good grades in most of his class, his parents are proud of him. June plans to move out of the house at the end of the school year.

June after moving out of the house, he found a place of his own. He just started college this year, to expand his education. After class June works part time at, a Fast food restaurant. It was around this, time the Dark hour happen. June was surprise the world he once knew during the day is now in darkness. Everyone around him are now coffins, he didn't have time to recover from the shock. Shadows suddenly attack him June summons his persona Zouchou out of instinct.

Last edited:
The Wind Of Justice
Nice Thread it would be sad to see this die.

Last edited: