boogie woogie feng shui
Since we have so many new threads coming out with news tidbits and trailers for upcoming films, do you think it would reduce some clutter if we had a separate sub-forum specifically for movie news and updates?

Since we have so many new threads coming out with news tidbits and trailers for upcoming films, do you think it would reduce some clutter if we had a separate sub-forum specifically for movie news and updates?

Speaking of which, there are just so many of them posted on the POWER CHAMBER.

I think adding Boardwide Thread Prefixes would be a better starting point than decide about new sub-forums.

Nah... if we really start to jam pack the Power Chamber with that kinda talk, then I'd consider it.

Not before.

A Secret Messenger ...
That's what a substantial portion of the threads are in the Power Chamber though. It's Haitien and Immortal of Justice and a couple of others constantly copying and pasting random movie and television "news" from blogs and websites and posting it in the form of new threads. At it's worst, it was Haitien cut and pasting excerpts from Neil Gaiman's blog for no real reason. It ends up being nothing but clutter and often bumps threads with actual discussion off the front page.

I don't know if a whole subforum is necessary, but a stickied thread would be nice. I don't think having a general "Movie News/Trailers" thread would hurt.

And to be clear, I'm not talking about talk-back threads where people discuss a movie when it's come out. Those are fine by me. What I'm referring to are all of the "So and so says they want to be (character)" and "New Trailer for (some movie)" threads that seem to pop up on an almost daily basis. There's no reason to have a new thread for each Watchmen trailer.

Last edited:
boogie woogie feng shui
^^^ What he said. It seems like every other two threads I see is a trailer for an upcoming film (which should really go in the Net-Video Theatre anyway) or a column with news about an upcoming film, and there's generally several threads for any given film... there's about 6 for Watchmen now and 2 or 3 for The Legend of Chun-Li, etc.

Really not seeing the need. The PC's always meant to be the general entertainment forum for that kinda news stuff.

Is there other discussion you feel isn't getting it's fair shake and that's getting crowded out?

boogie woogie feng shui
Nope, just saw three similar threads on Watchmen one day and thought it was kind of unnecessary and could be tidied up.