lol To bad it's not coming back. I was gonna watch it this time. I had a theory about watching Sailor Moon just so guys have something to talk about with all the hot Sailor Moon cosplayers at cons.
Sailor Moon had a huge male following back in the day, especially for S. A lot of dudes I know who watched Sailor Moon found Haruka eminently identifiable.
Depends on if it was Haruka or Michiru and if you primarily connect based on gender, since for me Haruka was basically male in terms of gender just not sex. But if you were musical and/or reserved then a connection with Michiru is clearly not out of the question.
Also I really only usually identify with female character if the cast is mainly female, just due me feeling more connection with thinkers and planners and since those are usually only female when the ratio is in their favor.