**** Saburo Hatte... It's Shotaro ISHI fucking NOMORI

I agreed with all of you. But the kid doesn't even know what is Kabuto in Japanese.

Probably just thought Kabuto is something related to tokusatsu series. A naive kid making offensive statement about tokusatsu.
Why do you assume I don't know what it means? I thought you'd all know who I was talking about. Why the **** would a beetle surpass God? And what offensive statement? It was a joke!

And how do you know I'm not older than you?!
 
Hey, the Japanese public dubbed Tsuburaya the "Tokusatsu no Kami-sama" LONG before us fanboys ever did. He was arguably one of the only men in the Japanese film industry with as much power and influence as the great Akira Kurosawa, man! Plus, in his heyday Tsuburaya's name on a movie's poster drew audiences even here in the U.S.!
 
Let's put it this way......

Tsuburaya Eiji is the god of Tokusatsu (Like the basic conventions and stuff)

Shotaro Ishinomori is the God of Henshin Heroes

That is all.
 
Why are we worshiping mortal men who are long dead in the first place? No matter what they did, they were still just human.

because without them most of our childhoods would be incomplete,

Eiji Tsuburaya was a "God of Tokusatsu" BEFORE Ultraman. so this isn't about what superhero show is better. it's about giving respect to a man who deserves it.

it's like giving thanks to the cashier at the market for growing your fruits and veggies.
 
We're not worshipping WHO they were, but WHAT they did. They left some memorable marks in the history of Tokusatsu. And they also made classic Tokusatsu which today people are trying to remake.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top