S.H. MonsterArts - News and Reviews

What are the chances for Pacific Rim figures under SH Monsterarts line?

Honestly, I could go for these. The NECA figures were actually fairly disappointing, especially compared to their other properties like Aliens. A Monsterarts Knifehead or Otachi would absolutely rock.

At any rate I agree: The chance that we'll get them is very low. Hopefully NECA Pacific Rim wave two will be better. It's Striker Eureka, Leatherback, and Gipsy Danger (Battle Damaged, w/ chain swords).
 
Alien vs. Predator Monsterarts are confirmed. Seen photos, can't post them until I get an okay. I think someone blew Tamashii's surprise.

At any rate, I actually don't want these. Neca's Predators and Aliens are amazing and cheap.

EDIT: sorry Forever Knight, I missed your post.

I didn't like a few things. They were really out of scale for one. The articulation was nothing to write home about, either. Even Crimson Typhoon couldn't utilize his articulation properly because of his ankle joints. I just felt like they could have been a lot better.
 
I'm ready for a decent articulated Predator figure. I like a lot of things about the NECA figures, but the constant issues with the netting paint and the way the leg articulation is wasted with the hips and lack of clearance and the frozen joints everywhere and the defects I somehow keep getting...

The problem here is that I don't give a crap about AVP designs! Also, I do wonder what advantage the SHMA Alien is going to offer compared to the NECA one, which seems mostly awesome as long as you don't get one with shitty hips.
 
I'm with you on the AVP designs... especially the Alien. I actually haven't liked a xeno design since the Runner in 3...

Anybody know if Shenron is actually an S.H. Monsterarts figure?

I guess to expand upon what I said earlier about the NECA Pacific Rim figures... Leatherback makes it a whole new ball game. He seems to scale perfectly with the Jaegers. I guess Knifehead is the odd monster out. On the positive side, Otachi doesn't seem so impossible now. And I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say this, but she was primarily a terrestrial kaiju and I don't mind if the default is Land Form. She flies for what? A tenth of her onscreen time? I'm up for any detailed Otachi I can get my filthy mits on. So yeah... Bring her on.
 
Last edited:
The NECA Pacific Rim figs scale is the only issue I have. Not sure if they are 7" or not.

As for Articulation... that **** and NECA/McFarlane don't exist and rightfully so, remember these are "statue" figures.

Articulation is overrated imo.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top