S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

I'm hoping they redo Bartolomeo. They did him as an exclusive earlier this year in favor of making Violet a retail release just because she has boobs. Violet ended up being a shelf-warmer and Barto ends up making the Top 10 in the latest One Piece popularity poll. Hopefully that convinces Tamashii to do another Bartolomeo as a retail release.

Yeah, I question the wisdom in making so many of the male characters exclusives, especially that really awesome Doflamingo... that said, Violet is probably my favorite One Piece Figuarts since Thriller Bark Pehrona. She looks really, really good and has a really great pose with tons of detail. The color design is fantastic also. By comparison I found the new Robin to be somewhat disappointing due to some paint slop (still not too bad though) and Rebecca was okay... was sad the U.S. Version of the Tamashii Web Shop has been dragging it's ass so bad and has missed LOTS of things I wanted give them my money for. (WHY WOULD THEIR FIRST/ONLY ITEM BE SOMETHING NO ONE WANTS?!!)
 
I must be blind because I don't see anything issue you are referring to.

It's a very minor nitpick. but the OCD is bothering me. I personally see the neck they give the troopers' to be a bit too long. Usually the helmets on the trooper sit pretty flush with their armor.

tKYqTVe.jpg


but seen here, the SH Figuarts on the right's neck is really long in comparison so that the helmet doesn't sit flush.

uS5DN7R.jpg


Again, minor nitpicking, but I know if I get the figure and the neck is that long, I'll definitely be bothered.
 
Not surprised given that Hasbro is most likely preventing them from doing so.

Because they're fucking greedy and selfish. Oh that's right- Because they also have Takara Tomy in for the ride (they're both Bandai's rivals), despite the latter not doing anything SW-related.
 
I think our conversations are getting mixed together. No one was talking about Star Wars exclusives. We were talking about One Piece exclusives which has nothing to do with Hasbro. I guess this just illustrates the importance in quoting the post one is responding to.

Yeah, I question the wisdom in making so many of the male characters exclusives, especially that really awesome Doflamingo... that said, Violet is probably my favorite One Piece Figuarts since Thriller Bark Pehrona. She looks really, really good and has a really great pose with tons of detail. The color design is fantastic also. By comparison I found the new Robin to be somewhat disappointing due to some paint slop (still not too bad though) and Rebecca was okay... was sad the U.S. Version of the Tamashii Web Shop has been dragging it's ass so bad and has missed LOTS of things I wanted give them my money for. (WHY WOULD THEIR FIRST/ONLY ITEM BE SOMETHING NO ONE WANTS?!!)

I agree on Violet. She's a great figure, I just feel Bartolomeo should have been a higher priority than her. In general, I've been disappointed with the slowdown on One Piece ZEROs. For years the line had been doing great in releasing a wide variety of characters but in 2014, it's definitely narrowed down to either just Straw Hats or female characters. Though now even female characters don't seem to be safe from exclusive status if Koala is any indicator. Hopefully the CP9 and Baroque Works guys will get retail.

No paint slop on my Robin. I'm very pleased with her Dressrosa figure. I like this design a lot more than her Fishman Island dress. I expected to like Rebecca more considering she's mostly just a palette swap of Red Sonja but yeah her ZERO is okay but nothing special. I think she would have benefitted a lot if she came with Tin Soldier, especially when they plastered him all over her box anyway.

I agree that Chopper was an odd choice for a U.S. release. If only because we have so many Choppers already. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just do the different Points for Chopper instead of the same mascot form over and over again in slightly different poses.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top