S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

That's the downside. Had Blue Beet been a retail, I would've been okay with buying it. But now I'm at a point where I have to skip on Pre-orders due to financial reasons.
 
That's the downside. Had Blue Beet been a retail, I would've been okay with buying it. But now I'm at a point where I have to skip on Pre-orders due to financial reasons.

Honestly, I'm just tired of the whole web exclusive concept. It is just too much of a hassle to deal with it as it feels like paying for an unnecessary bill. The only reason I did it wth Tiger Ranger, Shadow Chaser, and Green Clover is becomes both of those series are ones I want everything to since Blade is my favorite KR and Zyu is in my top 10 favorite Sentai series. Of course, I did not bother to preorder the Jack Forms either, but again, it was because I missed out on Garren and I just couldn't afford to do it with Blade. I'll pick them up eventually as they are higher on my priority list, but right now, I need to focus on at least finish the main riders. I'm still missing Shin and Zo.
 
Anyone else who has Iron Man MK 42 have loose hand guards or whatever they're called? Mine likes pop off at any given chance, it's extremely annoying and I wish they had just had them glued or attached to each hand. That and the fact that my Ironman came with two right feet (AmiAmi is sending me another foot so thank god on that). Damn QC issues.. On the other hand, Iron Patriot has no problem at all with his hand guards at all, they fit snug and they stay put.
 
Anyone else who has Iron Man MK 42 have loose hand guards or whatever they're called? Mine likes pop off at any given chance, it's extremely annoying and I wish they had just had them glued or attached to each hand. That and the fact that my Ironman came with two right feet (AmiAmi is sending me another foot so thank god on that). Damn QC issues.. On the other hand, Iron Patriot has no problem at all with his hand guards at all, they fit snug and they stay put.

ye agreed with the arm guards. Also, the red metallic paint on the feet flakes off from day 1 :(
 
I know I haven't posted in a while, (work's a pain :sweat:) but there's been a recent figure that's up for pre-order. That would be this gal, Honoka Kosaka from Love Live! :
[HIDE]
item_0000010837_xRcj5tHt_01.jpg
item_0000010837_xRcj5tHt_03.jpg
item_0000010837_xRcj5tHt_08.jpg
item_0000010837_xRcj5tHt_12.jpg
[/HIDE]

So a quick rundown for those who don't know what Love Live! is: It's basically a multimedia project (Anime, Videogames, Cds) about nine highschool girls who form an idol group to try and get their school more students in order to not shut down.

While it may seem like a typical idol media, it's being promoted quite significantly in Japan. (Especially in the Akihabara area where there's signs of it in like every arcade you go to) It also has quite a lot of steam behind it with: two anime seasons, a free mobile game worldwide, and a ton of other merchandise that could be listed... :laugh:

Quite frankly this is for a very niche audience, but I am both excited and surprised that Tamashii Nations has picked this up for the line!
 
For Mark 42, I've got the same loose arm guard issues, but I find bending the fist hands more inwards will give it a snugger fit.

I still don't like the crotch joints and ankle joints at all. The gap between the shin and the foot is too wide. Viewing the ankles from the side, it looks like he has prosthetic feet!!

QC issues: I have a tiny scratch to the lower ab as well as the soft plastic area that sort of covers the heels of the boot has some chip damage.

When I got the figure, it was a mixed bag of feelings, I found some of the joints felt way too tight as well, but after fiddling around with it for a few days, I do appreciate the engineering and detail. It's definitely an improvement over the previous SH Figuarts Iron Man, but not perfection.

Did you guys get Tony's couch accessory? I haven't opened mine yet, wondering if the pillows are glued on or detachable?

Sinzz, glad to hear Amiami is sending you an extra foot - it was a fiasco dealing with them when my Alien figure had another left toe. They had the balls to offer me a 100 yen credit off my next purchase! In the end, they gave me an option to buy another figure from them for around half price off, but I had to pay shipping on top of that. What a load of bull that was.
 
Last edited:
For Mark 42, I've got the same loose arm guard issues, but I find bending the fist hands more inwards will give it a snugger fit.

I still don't like the crotch joints and ankle joints at all. The gap between the shin and the foot is too wide. Viewing the ankles from the side, it looks like he has prosthetic feet!!

QC issues: I have a tiny scratch to the lower ab as well as the soft plastic area that sort of covers the heels of the boot has some chip damage.

When I got the figure, it was a mixed bag of feelings, I found some of the joints felt way too tight as well, but after fiddling around with it for a few days, I do appreciate the engineering and detail. It's definitely an improvement over the previous SH Figuarts Iron Man, but not perfection.

Did you guys get Tony's couch accessory? I haven't opened mine yet, wondering if the pillows are glued on or detachable?

Sinzz, glad to hear Amiami is sending you an extra foot - it was a fiasco dealing with them when my Alien figure had another left toe. They had the balls to offer me a 100 yen credit off my next purchase! In the end, they gave me an option to buy another figure from them for around half price off, but I had to pay shipping on top of that. What a load of bull that was.

Pillow is a separate piece
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top