S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Akibaranger gave them an excuse to release the Zyuranger figures for the 20th Anniversary, but the anniversary is only this year and barring any major surprises, we know everything that's coming out. I very much doubt they'll continue putting any focus onto Power Rangers, especially now that the Hurricangers are taking priority for their 10th Anniversary over the rest of the Zyurangers being released.

I doubt we'll ever see Titanium Ranger. Releasing a figure that they can ONLY sell in the US is very different from releasing a team that was very popular in multiple countries.

Agreed.
 
I hope they dont start doing 2.0 renewals for every rider. A lot of them really dont need it. Wouldnt that make the original releases nigh worthless and extremely hard to sell on?

Kabuto was needed as his headsculpts pretty poor and had leg issues but i think the other kabuto riders were fairly accurate. A new Gatack wouldnt be so bad though i guess,with better proportions and headsculpt
 
I could see them redoing all of the Kabuto riders with the 2.0 body since the old ones all shared the same base body.

That said, I'd buy them all since I only have a few of the originals.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, did anyone who bought Super Akiba Red notice that he has different hips from the previous release? They look like the same hips used for Kabuto 2.0.

Also, I noticed that with the newer SHFs, the plastic trays to hold the figures are different from the old ones. Now there's just a plastic tray cover that sits on top instead wrapping all around the bottom tray like before. (A small detail, but its a nice reflection on how they're streamlining their products).
 
I know its a bit late and off-topic to ask, with the Tamashii Nations stuff going on. But has any one tried to remove the Dragon Shield off SHF Dragon Ranger yet? I've seen pictures on the net but no one really replied on when I asked. :P
 
I know its a bit late and off-topic to ask, with the Tamashii Nations stuff going on. But has any one tried to remove the Dragon Shield off SHF Dragon Ranger yet? I've seen pictures on the net but no one really replied on when I asked. :P

I've seen one guy on RangerBoard do it.

I think he used a flat-tip screwdriver to ease the bands of the shield out of their spot so that way, he can then take the shield off.

So, the shield IS removable to a point but, personally, I don't recommend it.

Also, speaking of taking the shield off, who's thinking about making a custom MMPR Black with the Dragon-Shield on him once Mammoth Ranger is announced?
 
Also, speaking of taking the shield off, who's thinking about making a custom MMPR Black with the Dragon-Shield on him once Mammoth Ranger is announced?

I'm positive that we'll be getting an Armoured Black Ranger when they get around to making him.
 
I wonder how they'll handle Shurikenger's release? I can see them going either the two pack route or doing it is as a separate release.

Would it really be that hard to just have removable armor and an alternate head?

..I feel like I've asked this before about different characters.
Which reminds me, we still don't have a GokaiSilver Gold mode.
 
Also, I noticed that with the newer SHFs, the plastic trays to hold the figures are different from the old ones. Now there's just a plastic tray cover that sits on top instead wrapping all around the bottom tray like before. (A small detail, but its a nice reflection on how they're streamlining their products).

Yeah, and honestly, I'm not a fan of it. I just don't feel like it is as secure as it was when the top tray completely covered the bottom tray.
 
Would it really be that hard to just have removable armor and an alternate head?

..I feel like I've asked this before about different characters.
Which reminds me, we still don't have a GokaiSilver Gold mode.

They could but where's the money in that? :laugh:
 
It's not like it matters if it's two separate figures to me. I'd end up buying two even if he had modes.:sweat:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top