RIP Araki Shigeru (Kamen Rider Stronger)

3f90532b_pour-one-out.jpeg
 
This might be a too soon comment. But being someone who has seen (and knows) little about Showa Rider, it he the first KR lead to die?
He is. Like someone else said, Riderman's actor and Tackle's actress passed away already, but he's the first star to die.
 
My god... this puts a new light on Megamax, considering Stronger was the lead Showa Rider.

I haven't had the pleasure to watch Stronger, but I fully intend to.

Rest in peace Stronger, the warrior of justice called by all.
 
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5PfngP2rs&list=UUgl9T-IJjllndI7uUoKBhOw&index=1&feature=plcp"]Sentai22vlogs: Shigeru Araki/Kamen Rider Stronger Passes away at the age of 63 - YouTube[/ame]
 
I wonder if this will have any effect on Superhero Taisen.
Especially since [HIDE]Stronger is among one of the Riders that get defeated by Gokaired in the beginning.[/HIDE]
 
I wonder if this will have any effect on Superhero Taisen.
Especially since [HIDE]Stronger is among one of the Riders that get defeated by Gokaired in the beginning.[/HIDE]

Why would it? The movie is already done, and "Stronger" returns alongside everyone else afterwards, after the "spoiler" reveal, so it's not like they killed the character in a humiliating way or something.

They might make some kind of homage to him later on though, in a later movie or even the Fourze tv show, but I'm not even sure if Toei will bother with it...

Anyway, although I'm usually not bothered by Toei's usual "suits with random VAs approach" (as long as there ARE at least VAs and not just silent suits), it was obvious that this would start happening soon with their refusal to bring actors from the old shows back. They'd eventually start dying and then it'd be just impossible to even bring back their voice... I wonder if they'll pull a Shinigami in The First now and use recorded files (audio here, though, rather than video) to feature Araki as Stronger once more. After all, from their point of view, it'd be convenient now and might get some extra viewers. Meh.

What would even be the reaction to something like that now? Disrespectful? Acceptable homage? Usually I think it'd be a nice homage, but after not even bothering to get him back once through several movies featuring the character, I wonder how his family would react if they approached them with such a proposal now.
 
Last edited:
It was obvious that this would start happening soon with their refusal to bring actors from the old shows back. They'd eventually start dying and then it'd be just impossible to even bring back their voice...

I really hope the higher ups at toei and their rider staff kick themselves over this loss. Now is the time to take advantage of using these guys while they are still acting and willing, not to wait long years and then use them sparingly.

I wonder if they'll use pre-recorded audio to feature Araki as Stronger once more. What would even be the reaction to something like that now? Disrespectful? Acceptable homage? Usually I think it'd be a nice homage, but after not even bothering to get him back once through several movies featuring the character, I wonder how his family would react if they approached them with such a proposal now.

If his family were accepting of it, I think it should be done. All it would have to be is something like V3's appearance in Let's Go. He shows up, says his famous speech, then joins the battle. Attack names/battle cries could easily be taken from pre-recorded audio.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top