Protect IP Bill (E-Parasite)...is our Government getting more & more stupid?

Yeah, I'm just going to be skeptical on that link for right now, Kai. That article it used to talk about SOPA is dated for the 17th, before the blackouts even happened. PIPA's revival is a given, considering how tone deaf the MPAA and RIAA are. As for OPEN? I don't know how to feel about that. People are saying it will be just as bad as SOPA and PIPA, but its being drawn up by opponents to both those bills.
 
I can't even keep up with this **** anymore. It's too much. There is a new bill everyday.

The deflating thing I really felt was during Obama's State Of The Union address. He said something like "Fighting Cyber threats"

...It was obvious what he meant.
 
I can't even keep up with this **** anymore. It's too much. There is a new bill everyday.

The deflating thing I really felt was during Obama's State Of The Union address. He said something like "Fighting Cyber threats"

...It was obvious what he meant.

HA! Cyber threats... :redface2:

How about the president defining the word "threat"?
- A threat to the actual all American, constitution approved law here in the United States.
OR
- A threat to Hollywood's corrupted power in the government and their "hard earned" pay checks.


I prefer the first choice myself, but I guess the 1st amendment gives us the right to our own opinions. :P
 
I think the Entertainment industry are trying to use Piracy as an excise for lost sales. because more people have common sense to rent then to buy or just wait on till movie came out on DVD or steam it on netflix or on demand instead of paying high prices to go to the theaters, or buy music of off iTunes then to go buy a CD, sure piracy has some to blame but you have to contribute other factors, they like to blame more on the pirates instead of there old business model for not getting the content faster to the consumer or the international consumer because for copyright issues .
 
I think the Entertainment industry are trying to use Piracy as an excise for lost sales. because more people have common sense to rent then to buy or just wait on till movie came out on DVD or steam it on netflix or on demand instead of paying high prices to go to the theaters, or buy music of off iTunes then to go buy a CD, sure piracy has some to blame but you have to contribute other factors, they like to blame more on the pirates instead of there old business model for not getting the content faster to the consumer or the international consumer because for copyright issues .

Agreed. They label the whole problem under the pretty name "Piracy" so that they can turn the whole matter into a legal (everybody else's fault) issue. I will admit that piracy is no doubt a problem, but whether it is as much as they say it is depends. Are they adding to equation the fact that, like you said, the rising prices have turned people off from actually purchasing the item, or that most of the stuff they churn out now-a-days is just pure garbage anyway? Maybe people are becoming resentful of the fact that they are getting paid so much for their "American innovation" while everyone else in the country are fighting to find jobs to support themselves and their families.
The question I have is: Why now? If they have known for years (as they claim), why not put a stop to it before it became such a problem that the entire internet was willing to fight them over it? I think one thing is because they fear the growing popularity of foreign entertainment due to the open internet. We probably know for a fact that they already fear the video game industry due to it's growing technological advances that most games today are becoming more and more like movies. Lately (last year or two), I have seen so many Korean horror/monster movies coming out over here (The Host, some oil rig monster movie, and now some movie about detectives trying to find a werewolf-like monster - sorry I can't remember the names) and although they do not get major releases in theaters and are not hyped, they have become popular and have opened people's eyes the the possibilities of new things from aboard. Anime and manga is becoming very popular as well, and cuts into their share of the American consumers' pockets. I think Hollywood has become so desperate and jealous to keep a hold of the monopoly they once had over entertainment here in the US.

lol. I really need to stop writing such lengthy messages... It's just this kinda thing gets my "innovation" going. I just don't get paid millions of dollars for it. :P
 
Last edited:
I think the Entertainment industry are trying to use Piracy as an excise for lost sales. because more people have common sense to rent then to buy or just wait on till movie came out on DVD or steam it on netflix or on demand instead of paying high prices to go to the theaters, or buy music of off iTunes then to go buy a CD, sure piracy has some to blame but you have to contribute other factors, they like to blame more on the pirates instead of there old business model for not getting the content faster to the consumer or the international consumer because for copyright issues .

-SNIPPED-
lol. I really need to stop writing such lengthy messages... It's just this kinda thing gets my "innovation" going. I just don't get paid millions of dollars for it. :P

I agree with the both of you.
 
I think the Entertainment industry are trying to use Piracy as an excise for lost sales. because more people have common sense to rent then to buy or just wait on till movie came out on DVD or steam it on netflix or on demand instead of paying high prices to go to the theaters, or buy music of off iTunes then to go buy a CD

I agree. Industry wants people to blindly buy their stuff. But people don't want that anymore. That's why there are renting and streaming services, iTunes and piracy. Many people here, in Russia, buy stuff that they like after pirating it. And nobody will buy some crap, such as Lada Racing Club. Industry must make something good in order to sell it and they don't like that.
 
For those who don't know, ACTA (Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement)
is an agreement secretly negotiated by countries around the globe since
'06. This agreement was never democratically debated.

For more info on ACTA and anything related to ACTA go to La Quadrature du Net.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top