Power Rangers Samurai to receieve Japanese dub

Which one in your opinion would be more popular to their target audience: Japanese dub of PR Samurai, or English dub of Shinkenger?

Both are really the same. It's like me changing a 14 chapters of Harry Potter's entire 7 book run and make it slightly different and more like Twilight. There is decay, but it hardly makes a difference.

Though I'd argue an English dub relabeled Power Rangers Samurai would have done as well because kids wouldn't know the difference anyways.
 
Japanese dub. The demographic is a lot larger.

Depends on market and channel. English can be given to Eastern Asian nations such as Malaysia and Singapore, proving to be a wider market, especially America if Samurai was never done. However, I do agree the Japanese dub could work much better in this case.
 
(and you really should stop referring to Saban as someone who's directly in touch with Power Rangers, he barely has any idea what's going with it, he just foots the bill)

Kinda hard for people to not doing that when the company's name has his name on it :sweat:






I sometimes see people complaining when others blame Saban for what's happening now, just because Saban (the person) isn't the one to be blamed, but I keep wondering how did those complaining people can miss the glaringly obvious fact that the company's name is also Saban.

Strangely enough, this happens even on Power Ranger forums. On a Sentai forum, I can see that happening, but on a PR forum? Seriously? Aren't you guys supposed to watch the show? The company's name is there on the title ._.

Most of the time, people who blamed Saban are actually referring to the company, not the person. In fact, most people didn't even know the person's name (I mean, who cares about that?)
 
Last edited:
This confusion could easily be avoided if people say Haim Saban for the person and Saban Brands for the company (their full names, of course).
 
This confusion could easily be avoided if people say Haim Saban for the person and Saban Brands for the company (their full names, of course).

I agree.People don't do this with other companies , so why this? It's not convenient at all for other users.
 
I thought Samurai WAS a dub!:P But seriously, I wonder why they'd dub a Ranger season that was just a watered down Sentai season in Japan?
 
I thought Samurai WAS a dub!:P But seriously, I wonder why they'd dub a Ranger season that was just a watered down Sentai season in Japan?

Sentai is huge in Japan. They have the rights to use the PR footage. It probably turns a small profit by hiring a few voice actors and throwing it on TV late at night for those who are curious about it.
 
Sentai is huge in Japan. They have the rights to use the PR footage. It probably turns a small profit by hiring a few voice actors and throwing it on TV late at night for those who are curious about it.

Yeah, let's not forget it airs on Toei channel. Their cable network filled by reruns and mostly aimed at hardcore fans.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top