Power Rangers Operation Overdrive - "Both Sides Now" Talk Up!

*sigh*

The rangers teleporting is not an example of inconsistent writing. Not when the writers go to the trouble of explaining what happened immediatly afterwards.

What is an example of inconsistent writing was how they handled the special abilities, specifically Will's enhanced vision and hearing SHOULD have detected something before the Rangers found the safe broken into. It can be argued that due to the crowd he wouldn't have been able to see or hear anything but that's a matter of debate. Still it was somewhat sloppily handled by the writers.

If you're going to bring out the 'inconsistent writing' argument, a person should at least be criticizing somethng that deserves it as opposed to railing on about something and looking foolish and/or bitter instead.
 
-Wait, Will was let go? Did I miss something in the first two minutes?

-Will sold ZORD tech? What the hell is going on in this episode? Though real nice to know he cares more about money than saving the world.

-Oh, hey, we FINALLY get some background on Miratrix. Was that so hard, writers? Though it'd also be nice to, you know, explain how she relates to the plot.

-"It's a trap"--yeah, after Will JUST got done explaining it to you. You're ARE smart, Rose.

-So the whole thing was just to trick Miratrix? But wouldn't it have been smart to wait until they actually got the Hou-Ou to reveal it?

-Will just single-handedly beat the **** out of Kamdor. Is this gonna be another Grumm situation?

-Wait, what was up with the bird dying at the end? And what was up with the abrupt ending?

This episode is really weird to me. I'm gonna wait until I watch it again before I rate it.
 
I just watched the ep. again thanks to KR Spade, and I hate it even more, LoL. It was all rushed. And though Miratrix is sexy, I can't say that I liked it.

*changes vote of 3 to 2*
 
*Copy-pastes from RT*

Heh, I'll break the pattern and I'll say that this episode was pretty damn good. As a matter of fact, that's the third good episode in a row, which says A LOT for post-WF Power Rangers.

The few stuff I picked out are either nitcpicks or details that could've been taken care of and they should be taken care of in the future. There were only one or two big things.

Specifically, kudos for the Will/Miratrix fight; that was probably the best battle Koichi directed in over a season. The first battle of Will with the Rangers, however, was crap. Those flips were rediculous. The other fights were generally solid, save for the damn slow-mo and the stupid explosions. I mean, seriously, you have the monster shooting laser beams at the Rangers and NONE of them hits them? They ALL hit the ground, causing explosions? Also, Mack falling after Kamdor's slash would've been A LOT more dramatic without the huge-ass explosion. Just him falling on his knees and then the ground in slow motion, with almost complete silence in the background. Cliche, but effective.

- Other than that, they got the first Ranger morph right, but not the second one. Nitpick.

- It was obvious that Will was sent undercover. At the moment I'm unsure if it would have been better to tell us that from the beginning. Detail.

- I don't buy it. Sorry. The premise of the powers' source is so implausible for me that I can't buy a single tracker has the power for world destruction, as Dax suggests. They were made by a single guy and/or his team and his butler, because he's rich. I have problems considering these guys 'Power Rangers' as it is, don't make it worse with such ludicrous statements. BIG THING.

- What the hell's wrong with Will? I know his actor isn't particularly good (or good at all, for that matter), but can he stop having that creepy grin on his face, every time he speaks. Creeps me out. It's like the guy's constantly on Climax :p. Detail.

- Zord battle's short. TOO short. If they become a nuisance instead of reason for enjoyment, we have a problem. BIG THING.

Best episode yet, season keeps up like this, it'll make a satisfied viewer out of me.
 
- So uh, Miratrix got the scroll, but the Rangers didn't get Hou ouh or whatever it called. Pathetic.

Why is that pathetic? That should be a good point that the villains walked away with a half victory over the rangers. Or did you want the rangers to always win and get the treasure at the end of every episode.

Man law was hilarious. Very nice though I wonder if kids would get that. This is a show for kids after all. I can easily imagine a bunch of "huh" faces amongst the target demographic.

The zord battle was fine. It didnt feel rushed at all. Need I remind you in that footage, they had to cut out the part with the house being pulled from the purse monsters mouth. Not to mention the Boukenger robo battles were nothing great anyway, they showed everything and it wasnt sped up. It just wasnt dragged out. If all the Megazord is going to do is a special attack and be done with it, it doesnt need to last longer than 10 seconds and that is not rushed in my book.

-Oh, hey, we FINALLY get some background on Miratrix. Was that so hard, writers? Though it'd also be nice to, you know, explain how she relates to the plot.

Oh hey, we FINALLY get some background on Natsuki. Was that so hard, writers? And it only took over a dozen more episodes than it took Power Rangers to explain Miratrix! zomg!!!11 I'm just making a point that you're being very very picky. Was it really killing you to know Mira's background or relevancy to the plot? Did you sit there and say "Where's Goldar's background!" or "I want to know Baboo's background!" "What's Rita's background!!" in MMPR? I certainly didnt and it didnt affect me. All I had to know that she was an evil witch, Goldar was a lion creature that was loyal to her, and Baboo was just a goof ball. I didnt need more than that and all I need to know about Mira was that she was a ninja warrioress seeking to free her "master" from a gem stone. All that was deduced from the first episode and didnt need more than that.

I didnt like the way Will is just suddenly fired for almost no reason. It smelled of set up right away. It would have been nice if Will was being cocky and doing things his own way as usual on the prior mission which lead to his being let go. Something a little more natural and less forced.

The episode was alright. Pretty nice. I voted 8.
 
Oh hey, we FINALLY get some background on Natsuki. Was that so hard, writers? And it only took over a dozen more episodes than it took Power Rangers to explain Miratrix! zomg!!!11 I'm just making a point that you're being very very picky. Did you sit there and say "Where's Goldar's background!" or "I want to know Baboo's background!" "What's Rita's background!!" in MMPR? I certainly didnt and it didnt affect me. All I had to know that she was an evil witch, Goldar was a lion creature that was loyal to her, and Baboo was just a goof ball. I didnt need more than that and all I need to know about Mira was that she was a ninja warrioress seeking to free her "master" from a gem stone. All that was deduced from the first episode and didnt need more than that.

First of all, the part about Goldar and Rita's backgrounds is moot. Those ARE NOT the same thing as Mira's. Up until Lord Zedd came into the picture, Rita was the main villain, and the others were her henchmen, so it more acceptable then because you could just assume we'd learn more later because it wasn't like they had other villains to focus on.

With Mira, it's entirely different. We already have TWO other villain groups, both of whom have to fight each other for airtime, and now we have a THIRD? Huh? I don't think it's being demanding or picky to ask what she has to do with all this. I'm not asking for her life story here, I'd just like to know what she's about, how she fits in to all this, and not just throw her in there just because.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top