Power Rangers 2012-2013 News Thread - Production on hold until 2012

Bandito Shake Cometh
Considering PR has been free money for Toei for 2 decades, i'm gonna say no!

Toei doesn't decide what happens in PR does it?

I mean isn't that Saban's job?

Especially considering that up till samurai PR has not directly adapted super sentai's story lines.

Time Force was for the most part adapted directly from Timeranger. By a strange coincidence, both Timeranger and Shinkenger were written by Yasuko Kobayashi.

Also, not sure if this was brought up, but I just realized something concerning the possible Gokaiger adaptation. If Saban goes ahead and adapts Goseiger, they'll be short an entire team for an even amount as well as an exact number of teams to match the year length of the franchise. If they don't, I can see a minor change for Silver (Titanium Ranger replacing GoseiKnight on the GokaiCellular and on Gold Mode), and being unable to use any footage from 199 Heroes for their series.

It's not that much of a big deal, but it's just something I noticed.

Anti-Anti
Could Goseiger have been too difficult to translate due to the cards and morpher?

Can't be that, you know how easy it would be to market Cards to kids? I used to spend over 200$ a month on yugioh cards so it's def not that

Can't be that, you know how easy it would be to market Cards to kids? I used to spend over 200$ a month on yugioh cards so it's def not that

Then explain why the digimon card game was canned in america before it even got a second set, let alone the arcade game, and the the Yugioh Duel Terminals are still rare in america?

Also the Megaman PETs and Battlechips shared a similar fate to the digimon card game, just not as quickly...

Then explain why the digimon card game was canned in america before it even got a second set, let alone the arcade game, and the the Yugioh Duel Terminals are still rare in america?

Also the Megaman PETs and Battlechips shared a similar fate to the digimon card game, just not as quickly...

Digimon didn't have a popular anime.

Yugioh at this very point doesn't have an anime at this point which drove it to success and will probably decline until the anime comes back or the franchise dies like Power Rangers. 4Kids brought this on themselves.

Megaman did have surging of popularity ,but died.

Pokemon's popularity lies in the games and anime. Their cards I've seen shafted in my local area fully stocked. But people do use them still far more.

Power Rangers has a running TV series. It is now more popular . Unlike the abortion that was the card game prior , they now have the popularity and whatnot. Whether that does anything I dunno .

Digimon didn't have a popular anime.

Yugioh at this very point doesn't have an anime at this point which drove it to success and will probably decline until the anime comes back or the franchise dies like Power Rangers. 4Kids brought this on themselves.

Megaman did have surging of popularity ,but died.

What.

Digimon may not have been very popluar in america but it's still going strong in japan and many die-hard fans have to rely on subtitles.

Digimon however had FIVE series dubbed, so I don't know about you but it must have had SOMETHING to keep it alive that long.

Yugioh has Zexal, which is currently being dubbed because 4kids is so darn stubborn, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

I also think they did a better job than usual with 5D's.

You are referring to the .exe and starforce franchises of megaman right?

What.

Digimon may not have been very popluar in america but it's still going strong in japan and many die-hard fans have to rely on subtitles.

Digimon however had FIVE series dubbed, so I don't know about you but it must have had SOMETHING to keep it alive that long.

Yugioh has Zexal, which is currently being dubbed because 4kids is so darn stubborn, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

I also think they did a better job than usual with 5D's.

You are referring to the .exe and starforce franchises of megaman right?

It being popular in Japan is irrelevant. IN America after the first two seasons, it dipped in popularity horribly, possibly due to the switch ala Tamers, then its disappearance from the airwaves until UPN picked it up on syndication at a really bad time and only aired on Jetix a year later. all the movies save for the first were released 3-6 years after their Japanese theatrical release during the summer briefly while Data Squad was dead in the water let alone ass raped by censorship which failed to turn a teen show into a young kids show.

The card games died one after another, the anime tanked, the toy line for Season 4 was cut far shorter and it took me ways to find a Season 4 action figure or digivice. After that show ended, digimon was dead until Savers, which then flopped in America with virtually barely anything to call its name. You'd have to import most of anything substancial.

Now two seasons have passed and nothing. Seasons 1-4 are no where to be found on this side of the Atlantic, 5 is a WTF moment, and the only info we have is of a possible Pilot episode for "Fusion Battles" which many or may not be from Saban.

There's a HUGE legal battle over the dub of Zexal and 4Kids stole the series. Again, 4Kids is pretty much dead in the water now and I bet CW wants to put more ad space on the Saturday block or their shows, whatever. I barely heard of 5Ds and really, they stopped releasing the remaining episodes and the card game is now far ahead of the anime. The cards are barely promoted and there's like nobody buying them.

I do mean the .EXE/Star Force series. I do recall seeing a bit of Star Force on CN but after EXE, it died.

-----

If they bring Digimon back with a vengeance , it'll need Saban and his marketing power. Nothing else at this point will save it. If anything, it's pathetic when Australia beat America at official releases of the Saban dubs and I hope Saban bought it back because I would love for them and their Japanese versions to be released. I know Tamers is uncut save for digital alterations and a single reference to the Yakuza and Jeri. They could easily get them back to dub those over and voila!, uncut dub.

They need a new series on Nick. Period. Not Nicktoons. Nick. Pair it with Avatar and you got an hour of anime.