It's Judgement Time!
Well it sounds like a fun project. Why criticize something that isnt even off the ground yet. But still, if you can save up a budget and have at least one PR suit made and/or one monster of some sort constructed, you should. It would make your project more fun!

Lurker
It's definitely something that we considered (it could have been done, but my money had to go towards something else) and we're on a really tight schedule. We're pretty much guaranteeing we'll do another one sometime, and hopefully then we can do something bigger. Maybe after Morphicon next year.

Banned
I wish you the best of luck with this. I hope you make a great film, and have fun while you make it.

Lurker
More updates have been added to the main post.

After some discussion, there have been some things that have finally been confirmed. There will be two (count it; two) fight scenes in this movie. We have rehearsal for the first one this upcoming week (starting on Thursday). We will be filming the two fight scenes first, and then the rest of the film.

Where is the first fight scene going to be held?

So when do we start filming? We begin filming with the first fight scene on Thursday, August 6th at 7pm. Well, hopefully. There's still something we need to find before we begin filming. Either way, that should be the day. We have a backup plan in case we can't get what we need.

You will also get cast photos and behind the scenes photos from the set after the rehearsal on Thursday. We will be rehearsing in the clothes that we will be wearing for that scene.

As for the other filming scenes, a few of the photos from the first post have been confirmed. The following photos depict places that will be filmed at.

Hmm. Night scenes? Yeah, there will be a night scene. Said night scene will be filmed at 1am. But where? And when? And what large significance does it hold to the plot? Well, you'll just have to wait and see (HINT: It's one of the above locations). More updates coming later this week.

Lurker
More updates!

We had our first fight rehearsal today, and it's coming along really well. It still looks very rehearsed, but we'll be working on that after we have the whole routine down. Here are some pictures from today's rehearsal:

And these aren't the photos we intended to take, but I present you with our two main characters. Better photos will be coming next week.

Jared Rowan (me) as James Ashmore

Brandon Foster as Richard 'Rick' Tanner

We begin filming our first scene (this fight scene) next Thursday night. Also, next week we will begin rehearsing for the second and final fight scene, which will film the week afterwards. Where will that fight scene take place? I can't tell you, but I think you'll like it and what I have planned for it.

More updates coming next week.

Lurker
Here's a really nice update for you guys, with some new/old info.

The film will run thirty minutes total, but will be split into two fifteen minute segments. Now we've noticed one big problem with this film and its length; everything seems to go by really fast. We have to essentially set up, develop, and conclude an entire world of story in thirty minutes, which will make it feel kind of rushed.

We're trying to counter the multiple short scenes with the news that things do develop, and we're both very happy with how they do. While the first part is very story-oriented, the second part will develop our characters. The same idea with the mysteries is that part one will set everything up, while part two will answer all the questions.

The 'real world' idea will also come into play moreso at the end of part one and most of part two. This is the main reason that we decided to keep the amount of fight scenes to a low two; so it doesn't take up precious time. I think the fight scenes will, in total, take up no more than three minutes.

Another thing that I think ends up helping the 'rushed' feeling is the fact that we only have... six characters in total, and only three of those characters will appear on-screen in either part of the film. This will allow us to write short scenes, but still focus on development.

And yes, there's a girl at the root of this film. But we put a little twist on it. I think you'll enjoy it, especially since she drives the plot in such a large way but never actually appears in a shot.

The script for the first part is finished, and clocked in at a low fourteen pages (leaving room for a one minute fight scene). I'm going to revise that tonight so I can start working on part two tomorrow, which I hope to have finished and revised by Thursday night when we start filming.

And just a little tidbit, something we're discussing (but have not yet confirmed) is the possibility of producing a longer version of the film sometime later on, with a (hopefully) larger budget. We're still talking, since school would prevent us from filming on most days, but we've all shown interest in penning a longer, better developed version. We're throwing around the idea of a 60-minute version sometime next year.

More updates coming soon!

Lurker
It's been two months, but I bring you some (maybe) good news; the film has not been cancelled. It's merely going through a lot of changes right now. We've been working diligently on it since August and are making good progress. Right now, we're in the process of re-writing and perfecting the script, as well as tracking down our actors. A new thread will be opened when more news is available, as we have (almost completely) abandoned the Power Ranger aspect of it.