I'm a bit late in this post, but I LOVE old-skool' tokusatsu!
Godzilla, classic Japanese sci-fi, Gamera (especially the classic films), the Ultra Series, the Masked Riders, Henshin Heroes, up the wazoo!
I'll watch any of the classic Showa Godzilla films. To me, that's golden entertainment. I'd mostly recommend the original Japanese versions, but few of the US versions offer some interesting treats (Godzilla Vs. the Thing, for example)! Nothing more needs to be said.
The VS Series (1984-1995) is a mixed bag. The 1984 Godzilla is great for Teruyoshi Nakano's awesome special effects, but the human characters were rather cardboard (although I found Yasuko Sawaguchi quite pretty), but was the most "grounded" of the series. The remainder of the films (since Godzilla Vs. Biollante) started out well, but got very, very stale, repetitive, and inconsistent since then (SPFX director Kouichi Kawakita let success go to his head after Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah). All those films had the inclusion of Miki Saegusa (Megumi Odaka), the Mary Sue of the Godzilla universe.
The Millennium Series is much better, IMHO. Its lack of continuity is quite refreshing, as it's intended to be more of an experimental anthology series. GMK is the best of the bunch (Shuusuke Kaneko was always destined to direct a Godzilla film more than any other monster film, let's face it), with G2000 and G X Megaguirus close behind. The two Mechagodzilla/Kiryuu movies are also well-done! (I didn't think the first one was actually going to have a second part!) GFW has gotten a lot of understandable hatred, and I agree with many of the criticisms (especially the capricious editing and the wham-bam-thank-you-maam shorter time on monster action), even though I still enjoy it.
The Golden Age of Japanese Superheroes, in my mind, has always been from the very beginning (1950s) to about 1975 (when the Oil Shock, or Energy Crisis, hit the industry hard, and Bandai started to take over TV shows). The remainder of that decade, starting the Silver-Age, still delivered plenty of solid stuff! Goranger (the only Super Sentai the general Japanese public will truly remember), Akumaizer 3, Bibyuun, Zubat, Megaloman, Battle Fever, etc.
The 80s superheroes aren't bad, either! Dynaman is my personal favorite Super Sentai, both the Japanese version and the comical Canadian dub. The look of the heroes & mecha/robot are the most ideal, IMHO. (And the villains look pretty wicked!) Bioman isn't half-bad, either! Space Sheriff Gavan is great as well. Masked Rider Black has always been the best-looking update for the hero, IMHO (Black looks thin, sleek, and has that awesome Spider-Man flexibility)! More than I can say for anything since Kuuga or Agito.
Plenty of decline in the Bronze-Age 90s for me, with hits (Zyuranger and Dairanger, after which it kinda' went downhill) and misses. Best thing to come from that decade is the new Ultramen (which would continue into the next decade), and Guyferd.
In this decade (which a friend of mine jokingly called the Lead-Age), it was more of the same for Toei, and it gets worse. As I said, the Ultra Series offers more quality entertainment (even some experimental stuff aimed at the grown-up crowd), as does more off-beat shows like Toho's Chouseishin Series, Keita Amemiya's Garo, and now, Takara's Tomica Hero Rescue Force.
So there's some new stuff that has entertained me, but the best old movies & shows have stood the test of time, and I remember them nostalgically.