Over-Time vs Tv-Nihon: Which one do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not all groups care about improving. They already think what they do is perfect. OT isn't like that. I have seen their members chat, and they are always trying to make things better.
 
What exactly do you mean by quality?

Do you mean picture quality? Then you're wrong, O-T has better PQ, which is actually a side effect of using softsubs over hardsubs (video codecs have a hard time dealing with text).

i mean that files are small and they take there time in subbing but sometimes u want ur stuff now over waiting a week or months from its releases
 
i mean that files are small and they take there time in subbing but sometimes u want ur stuff now over waiting a week or months from its releases

Small files do not mean they are better.

They do not take there time in subbing. The time that they spend is mostly done creating those awful effects and karaoke.
 
i mean that files are small and they take there time in subbing but sometimes u want ur stuff now over waiting a week or months from its releases

I hate to be the jerk here, but small files usually equal less quality. There's a reason why BluRays can be huge, yet a hardsub encode is only a gig or less. The gigs aren't just something extra (Oh, and I know nothing of encoding, but I do know that hardsubs mean less quality. Always. Doesn't have to be noticeable, but hardsubs do not equal softsubs.)

And they take a while, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Our GoGoV is taking a while, but because our translator is busy. It's not as if GoGoV is slow, because the second you get the episode it will be the Holy Grail of episodes. People are just busy :laugh:

The difference between O-T and TVN in that regard is that O-T has fewer people to look over their stuff, but they also have the time to look over it the day after the episode is shown. TVN wants more of their staff to look at it and give critiques so it stays there longer. That is good because some people think "Two heads are better than one", but can fall short because there's so many people with so many different opinions that sometimes the best alternative may not even be chosen :redface2:

King could also be right about the effects, but I am not apart of TVN so I can't comment on those. I hear they ARE done fairly quickly though (I mean, unless it's a new mecha then the font should stay the same with them )

Not saying that I will die for TVN's subs if they are good or bad, because this is all based on opinions (unless someone mentions an actual TL mistake), but it just sounds weird that someone enjoys lesser video quality, and wants subs that are slower. I assume (and very sorry if it's wrong) your internet isn't the best and that you assume that speed is based on quality, but please don't think that O-T is any worse because they release subs quickly. I can assure you that they are worked on just as much as TVN does to their scripts.

You can like it for those reasons if you want too Just know that you're putting a weird spin on one thing, and a very, very positive spin on another thing. (which is another good thing to do in life, just wanted to see if you can see both sides ) Sorry for ranting :shakefist
 
Last edited:
Taking time doesn't equal quality. A competent sub of a 23 minute episode can be done in 3-4 hours.
 

You'll have to forgive Kain... He is rather.. erm.. slow... :sweat:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…