Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite in the franchise because it was my first game. Me being curious, Would you prefer a Final Fantasy VIII-2 of a remake.

An VIII-2 will finally end the debate whether Squall is alive or dead. We can also expand on the world of Balamb Garden. On the other hand a Remake will introduce this masterpiece to a whole new audience.

VIII is not as popular as VI,VII and IX so there will be lower expectations making it easier to improve with a remake.

I would like a remake first because the game is now dated but it has very interesting characters. Also Eyes on Me is the wedding song of my parents! I am sure they will like to hear a new modern version of that song.

I wanna see the characters to finally have full pledged voice acting.

The First time I heard the world Selfie, I thought people are talking about Selphie. I want a remake and sequel at the same time. I hope I will live long enough to see that game. If I have to be implanted with pig organs every 20 years to stay alive, I will do it. People waited for 20 years to see a Final Fantasy VII remake. Base on fan popularity, 9 or 6 are next in line for a remake.

Adel having voice acting will be interesting because she is a woman who looks like a shirtless muscular man.

I am sorry Final Fantasy 8 fans but fall in line. Final Fantasy 6 and 9 deserves to have their remakes first because they have a larger fanbase than this forgettable sequel. I also wanted to see a Final Fantasy X-3 before I see an VIII-2.

Adel having voice acting will be interesting because she is a woman who looks like a shirtless muscular man.
I have to google this because I am shocked that Adel is indeed a woman. Adel looks like a muscular shirtless guy.

I completely agree that Final Fantasy VIII holds a special place in my heart as my first game in the franchise. As for a potential VIII-2 or remake, I'm torn! A sequel could provide closure on some lingering questions, but a remake would give us a chance to relive the magic all over again.

We won't be having a remake anytime soon because it is not as popular as as 6,9, and 10. Those are the highly requested to have remakes.