Okay, Seriously...When Are We Getting A Cool Sentai Series Again?

Kuuguitar
I don't like shows with too many secondary writers, but series with effectively two writers sometimes do quite well narratively (Double, heh) and some don't (Kabuto).

That said, the problem Sentai has is one that also plagued Rider in recent years: writer burnout and a general lack of direction that the merchandise shilling the executives mandate doesn't help.

#MissionMiami
When was the last time we even had a real space themed Sentai Series? Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing a Cyberspace theme series.

It's not like they can't do animals again. Three Years of newer concepts that does not involve animals ALL the time wouldn't hurt one bit.

All I hear is toysales but I know Toei was not desperate for toysales when they came out with Megaranger, GoGo V, Timeranger and Boukenger.

oh, I know when we'll be getting a cool Sentai series again.

[HIDE]when you stop complaining about it. :D[/HIDE]

Eye See You
Okay, Seriously...When Are We Getting A Cool Sentai Series Again?

We had one last year called Shinkenger and the current one is also pretty good.

As for the recycled animals, I agree. Time for a change. The hybrid **** needs to stop aswell. I don't want no more animal/vehicles.

Well, I wouldn't say Boukenger was the last cool series...Gekiranger was really good and Shinkenger was also good even it could have been much better given the premises...

Ultraman Saga wants you
im still waiting for a dragon themed sentai group.
u know, not only the Red Sentai has a dragon, everyone has one :D

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
When I infiltrate Toei & take over, mwahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!:laugh:

Seriously, though, I agree with Tokuboy. The writers are running out of ideas & becoming lost & loathful of their careers stuck in the depths of Toei. I suspect if some of these writers were to find work on another project & Toei hired a few new writers- got just a bit of fresh blood in there- we'd start to see better work from them.

Last edited:
now Nerd Emperor
Well, I wouldn't say Boukenger was the last cool series...Gekiranger was really good and Shinkenger was also good even it could have been much better given the premises...

Agreed. I absolutely loved Gekiranger and Shinkenger.

They call her one-eye
I just want the damn shows to go back to the basics of Super Sentai.

Aliens come down and start blowing the holy hell out of everything, everyone shits their pants except five attractive combat-trained teenagers and twenty somethings, other alien thing gives them plot decive and they transform into the whatever sentai whateverman. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

I love the modern **** but I just want to see another live action Gachaman/Getter robo show again not random animals/samurais/space ranger/olsen twins stuff.