Official 'Kamen Rider Dragon Knight' Merchandise Discussion

He said yes in the review - thirty inches.

Thanks

As for the belt itself...think it's gonna be a pass for me.

I think the spinning Gimmick is neat and all, but the belt itself looks too bulky for my tastes. Also, the advent decks look like ****.

As a side note, when I was standing in line for the Dragon Knight autographs at SDCC, I heard they were giving away some of the toys for free at the Bandai booth.

Had I known, I would've gone down to it much earlier.
 
My guess is because if the US releases Kamen Rider Ryuki toys under the name Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. That would be considered plagarism or copyright violation. Unless it's approved of by Bandai Japan, Bandai America could get sued and that would mean no Kamen Rider Toys for the US. I'm no law student, but I think that's what the case is.

...It doesn't work like that when they're both subsidiaries of the same company.

More likely, Bandai America made its own belt to a) better represent the gimmicks featured in the show, like deck-spinning, and b) the Japanese version was for some reason deemed unfeasible for release in the States. It could have been decided upon because of safety, costs (much easier to print double-sided paper inserts for a deck than thirteen sculpted decks in different colors), or even because the belt's mold was still being put to use in Japan.
 
^It could also be because the the stuff in Ryuki is simply too old to be re-used, or they lost the molds somewhere down the line.

Either that, or BOA just could not get a hold of them for whatever reason.
 
Ah, I sorta misread that post. I was only looking at it from the POV of the belt alone. The Legend Rider version of the Ryuki belt is supposed to be physically identical to the original DX (almost, LOL zaidi's timing), and still has at least two existing decks. Bandai Japan probably has access to a good number of figures, since the Mirror Monsters were relatively current releases, but maybe not all the R&Ms. Then there's stuff like the DK 6" figures, which have no Japanese parallel, and we'd never get sofubi in the US for a series like this.
 
Last edited:
More likely, Bandai America made its own belt to a) better represent the gimmicks featured in the show, like deck-spinning, and b)
Probably this. I recall that one of the interviews with Dragon Knight's producers (somewhere on here) stated that BOA requested for the show to use the spinning gimmick transformation in the show. This was their idea.
 
^It could also be because the the stuff in Ryuki is simply too old to be re-used, or they lost the molds somewhere down the line.

Either that, or BOA just could not get a hold of them for whatever reason.

I also thought that, even with the Legend Rider Series version of the belt, it would cost approximately $30-$40. That's a little too much from parents to shell out. That price is normal because we have to ship overseas, but for working 9-5 parents with jobs? That price is a little unreasonable.
 
Jeez the voice on that is awful what were they thinking. They should have kept the voice from the show. Bandai makes it easy for me not to buy there stuff. Importing is too expensive with shipping.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top