Official 'Kamen Rider Dragon Knight' Merchandise Discussion

How hard are these guys to find?

I'm heading up to the states next week for Comic Con, and in case I can't find any here, I wanna get some while I'm over there so I can get them autographed.
 
Umm.... Why is Wing Knight Blue? I mean i don't have a problem with the color blue but Wing Knight black. Well in his Survive mode thingamajig he has some blueish purple armor but that figure is obviously not his survive mode
 
Last edited:
Umm.... Why is Wing Knight Blue? I mean i don't have a problem with the color blue but Wing Knight black. Well in his Survive mode thingamajig he has some blueish purple armor but that figure is obviously not his survive mode

Wing Knight is Blue it's just that on the Toy it's more obvious.
 
Last week, Toys"R"Us had a nice sale on all of their Dragon Knight figures, so I finally ordered a bunch of the figures online after waiting what seemed like forever.

I'm kinda glad I didn't get Torque or Magnugiga, after reading that CDX review, by the way... I thought at least the Launch Vent was doable.

What I did get for now were Camo, Incisor, Wing Knight, and Black Wing with Len. The body type itself is pretty good, but really needed just one more point of articulation at the shoulders to be truly great figures. As is, they're keepers, but not must-haves. Of course, Len is just useless and has no particular likeness to Matt Mullins aside from "wears black" and "wears shades." Black Wing has nicely articulated wings, ball joint hips, ball joint neck, and a hinge in his tail.

The paint detail on these figures is good compared to similar toylines. There is a lot of intricate detail that Bandai has to get right to maintain a nice appearance, especially on the helmets, and they hit the mark every time. Paint slop elsewhere on the bodies is minimal or nonexistant. There are some unpainted parts on the backside, but they are easy to overlook. Unpainted weapons are less forgivable, and of the figures I own, Camo is the worst offender. Wing Knight's visor and the Sword Vent from Black Wing are perfect, while Incisor is 50/50 as the visor is fine, but the Strike Vent is missing silver detailing. The sculpts of these figures are nice (aside from Len) and this in particular redeems Camo from sucking. In fact, Camo gets a unique hand mold for deploying his Hold Vent, a VERY nice touch. No complaints on the other two Riders. Dark Wing did not need such a large tail, but I think that was to make him somewhat resemble a caped form, and offers no other real complaints. And despite paint issues, every Rider's weapon is totally unique and look exactly the way they should.

It should be obvious why I picked up Wing Knight and Dark Wing at the same time, so... how's their combination? Thankfully, much more satisfying than Magnugiga and Torque from what it seems. Removable Sword Vent, a solid connection to Wing Knight at both the back and waist (the feet plug into the waist holes, which I think is intended), a halfway decent winged mode, and the Final Vent? It looks more like a shield and there's obviously no corkscrew action, but Bandai Japan did no better in those regards with the R&M figure.

TL;DR? These figures are good. Not great, and no competition R&M or Souchaku Henshin, but they're not supposed to be. Fans and kids would love them, some collectors might like them, but that's about it. I'll pick up at least Kit/Dragreder, DK, and try a bike (Strike etc. obviously when released). Would I buy every piece of plastic bearing the KRDK logo? No.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top